Missing a tiffany's blue box... will Tiffany give me a free cardboard blue box?

I was going through my jewelry collection and I'm missing a Tiffany cardboard blue box for one of my jewelry.

I want them all to match and have boxes.

Do you think if I go to Tiffany's, they will give me one for free?

Will they be more willing to give me a box if I buy something?

Maybe I should go in for a cleaning and ask for a blue box?

Is this possible?

i went the other day to pick up my bracalet repair and they gave to me unly a dustbag..no box.. but maybe dipend to the store.. they are little bit rude mode where usually shop.

I don't need any repairs done to my jewelry. Do you think if I get a cleaning done, they will give me a dustbag too?

Def they are more lenient, and if you do get a cleaning you could ask for a couple. I told them straight out after a cleaning that I was regifting a couple of my pieces. They gave me ribbon and nice new dustbags.

I see the boxes and pouches (used, but in great condition/like new condition) there all the time. As I recall, they were pretty inexpensive (BTW, you can buy Cartier, et al. boxes this way, as well--but they are more expensive.)

i also have a question on this as well, is it rude to ask the SA for a black velvet box instead of the pouch when i buy something?
(sorry, im not trying to hijack your thread here, just an additional question :smile:

I think this depends on whether or not you have a good relationship with that SA, if not, if the SA is nice or not.

I purchased a ring and they gave me the regular velvet box, I went home and was wondering if I'm better off with the double ring box so I can store my wedding ring, celebration and e-ring all together.
I walked by the store and just walked in and ask the SA and she just gave me an extra one !

i also have a question on this as well, is it rude to ask the SA for a black velvet box instead of the pouch when i buy something?
(sorry, im not trying to hijack your thread here, just an additional question :smile:
my dad's dog ate one of my blue suede boxes...I was so mad! I have apretty good relationship with my SA but she even said no they wont give these out, only if you buy a fine jewellery item, but will not give extra boxes :sad:

Not sure if they will give out the boxes. If you get something cleaned you will get all new dust bags. If you are a TR it's free. They always put my stuff in the bags, which is almost overkill sometimes. I have a million of the sitting around now!!

You have to buy a fine jewelry item for them to package in the suede boxes. When my store ordered my platinum bracelet it got shipped to me in the dustbag that most of their pieces come in. When I went in store to ask if it was meant to come in a suede one they had to check my bracelet and receipt (maybe cause it looks like it could be the ss version?) before they would give me the "fancy" box.

Which is the blue suede box you ladies are talking about? Anyone can post pics? Just curious...

I have a pair of EP earrings that came in a black box inside a Tiffany blue box with a Tiffany blue suede snap button square pouch.

A few yrs later I purchased a SS y necklace but honestly can't recall how it came. I think in a Tiffany blue suede snap button square pouch inside the Tiffany blue box.

But I usually throw all the boxes away and store the jewelry inside the pouch in my jewelry box. Just hate clutter.

Which is the blue suede box you ladies are talking about? Anyone can post pics? Just curious...

I have a pair of EP earrings that came in a black box inside a Tiffany blue box with a Tiffany blue suede snap button square pouch.

A few yrs later I purchased a SS y necklace but honestly can't recall how it came. I think in a Tiffany blue suede snap button square pouch inside the Tiffany blue box.

But I usually throw all the boxes away and store the jewelry inside the pouch in my jewelry box. Just hate clutter.

i think by blue suede box they mean this?

F0ihI.jpg