Minimalist Bags

My friend bought a bag from a Norwegian label called Linjer. Very Scandinavian minimalist, she says it's much nicer than her Mansur Gavriel bucket bag and they're also super affordable. They don't have visible logos on any of their products

This is the one she has: - pulled from their website
cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0757/9123/files/navy-leather-handbag-with-model.jpg

Obviously there's also Mansur Gavriel (with logo -but small) :smile: and Building Block has attention-grabbing shapes but the bags are not so practical

Attachments

• navy-leather-handbag-with-model.jpg
    navy-leather-handbag-with-model.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,352
Last edited:
Reactions: OneMoreDay
Oh yes to Coccinelle - beautiful leather
Ooooh, yes coccinelle. They have a few minimalist pieces and the leather is so wonderfully soft! (Be sure to get the "textured" leather, not the resin calfskin or saffiano)

Also would recommend Rodtnes. Quite a bit more expensive, but very very beautiful. Sober designs with clean lines and great attention to detail. Just bought a purse from them, and their Falda bag is on my wishlist.

Reactions: the_baglover
Ooooh, yes coccinelle. They have a few minimalist pieces and the leather is so wonderfully soft! (Be sure to get the "textured" leather, not the resin calfskin or saffiano)

Also would recommend Rodtnes. Quite a bit more expensive, but very very beautiful. Sober designs with clean lines and great attention to detail. Just bought a purse from them, and their Falda bag is on my wishlist.

OMG! I checked Rodtnes website and the Falda bag is gorgeous! Where are the bags made?

For minimalist bags at that price level, I love shopping pre-loved labels like Henri Beguelin/Henri Cuir, Jil Sander., etc. Because these labels have low resale value you can get great condition or new bags that retailed for thousands at sometimes a tenth of the price, and when you do minimalist it's nice to have really great leather.

My friend bought a bag from a Norwegian label called Linjer. Very Scandinavian minimalist, she says it's much nicer than her Mansur Gavriel bucket bag and they're also super affordable. They don't have visible logos on any of their products

This is the one she has: - pulled from their website
cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0757/9123/files/navy-leather-handbag-with-model.jpg

Obviously there's also Mansur Gavriel (with logo -but small) :smile: and Building Block has attention-grabbing shapes but the bags are not so practical

I agree! I've been torn between the Mansur Gavriel and Linjer - and took the leap with Linjer. It's classy and is at a price point that makes complete sense.

I haven't looked back since. They win on many fronts, including price! I am now tempted to get this mini for my everyday errands. It reached it's kickstarter goal on day 3 so I -know- it would be in my hands shortly! Now to retrieve my credit card ...

I have a dog, we go for walks and park ourselves at cafes. We need a cross body purse to hold what pays for his puppuccino. + organic pumpkin treat.

@AliSentraille what did you get?

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 12.58.49 PM.png

I was searching for minimalist when I discovered Von Holzhausen bags. Actually I ran across an article entitled, "Love Mansur Gavriel, then you are going to love this new designer, Vicki Von Holzhausen." I now own three, the shoulder bag, the handbag and the shopper in Technic leather which arrives tomorrow. Check out their website. They are as soft as cloth although the leather is Italian and light as a feather. Of all my 21 handbags, I think these are my favorites.

I was searching for minimalist when I discovered Von Holzhausen bags. Actually I ran across an article entitled, "Love Mansur Gavriel, then you are going to love this new designer, Vicki Von Holzhausen." I now own three, the shoulder bag, the handbag and the shopper in Technic leather which arrives tomorrow. Check out their website. They are as soft as cloth although the leather is Italian and light as a feather. Of all my 21 handbags, I think these are my favorites.
Beem eyeing the von holzhausen bag, but I need to wait for more. In love with their midi tote and bowling bag if i am not wrong.

Do you think von holzhausen is better than mansur gavriel?

Beem eyeing the von holzhausen bag, but I need to wait for more. In love with their midi tote and bowling bag if i am not wrong.

Do you think von holzhausen is better than mansur gavriel?

As I sit here watching through the window for the UPS truck to arrive with my shopper bag:biggrin::biggrin:...... I thought I would answer your question.
I have never seen nor felt a mansur gavriel. But I love the look of them and in searching on line I ran across that article I mentioned above. So I cannot form an opinion about them. I can only say that the quality of the Von Holzhausen's is amazing. Even the edges of the leather have been painted multiple times ( I think seven) to match the purse. If I had any complaint at all it would be the white wonderful feeling Japanese suede lining. I use a purse organizer, but if you don't I can see it getting dirty pretty quickly.