Mini worn as double chain shoulder bag - yay or nay

Jun 21, 2007
What do you think of doubling up the chain on a mini and carrying it as a short chain shoulder bag? I do this all the time with my WOC for more formal events since I think it looks less casual than crossbody, and also at a party or crowded place since it feels really secure under the crook of my arm.

However with the mini that means one strap comes out of the side of the flap and one comes out of the grommets. Does this look awkward or have the potential of causing damage to the chain? My SA actually suggested this as one way to wear the mini, but I've never actually seen any pics of it being carried this way. Mine is square, think might look a bit better with mini rectangle. Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this. 20170408_130342.jpg 20170408_130415.jpg 20170408_130325.jpg

I have a lambskin mini and I don't like to do that with mine. I personally think it looks a bit awkward and I would worry it would leave indentions in the lambskin on the sides where the chain keeps coming in contact with the bag. That's just my opinion though but if you like it, you should carry your bag like that. [emoji3]

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Lisa Vanderpump wore her mini like this a couple weeks ago on the show. I thought it looked cute and different like this. I would worry about the sides a bit though.
IMG_1491899954.553032.jpg

Wearing it this way will be like what the chain on the woc does to the flap. It rubs against the chain and the leather wears much quicker. If you do it occasionally it should be ok but I wouldn't wear it like that daily. It does look cute worn this way though!

I did try doing that, but it looks awkward to me with two chains sticking out from the flap & two more from the grommets. Plus I dont like the fact the chain is touching the flap since it can lift/rub on the it.

nay. it'll ruin the leather and sides if done too often, and looks really odd. i kinda think if someone finds it necessary to alter a bag then they should consider if it's really suited to them or the occasion. imo.

Thanks for all your opinions! I tried it again and agree it looks a bit off. I also wouldn't want to damage the delicate lambskin. My woc is grained leather and more durable.
nay. it'll ruin the leather and sides if done too often, and looks really odd. i kinda think if someone finds it necessary to alter a bag then they should consider if it's really suited to them or the occasion. imo.
ITA - asking the question of whether something (bag or clothing) really serves the purpose I'm looking for has helped me avoid alot of purchases that would've just sat in my closet - a mistake I've certainly made more than once! I don't really plan to carry my square mini this way, was more asking because I'm debating between a mini rectangle or m/l in the same color combo as my next purchase, and wanted to see if I could use the mini rectangle crossbody as well as double chain. :smile: