Mini vs. Mini

You are welcome. Because this bag is now only seasonal, Chanel will make (or not make) it in whatever hardware color they choose and whatever fabric they choose. They have done lamb, patent, and about as many kinds of "caviar" as one can think of (iridescent-rubbery-dirt-magnet, iridescent shiny soft, iridescent-rubbery-texture-rubs-off, and now it seems back to standard rigid "traditional" caviar). If they are doing the mini in caviar with 2 holes with silver hardware for cruise, then that means they won't do it in gold hardware for cruise. They may, however, do it in gold hardware for spring/summer (or not) or even perhaps in fall or winter. It's no longer one of the constants (always available and always coming in lamb and rigid caviar all year long in black and beige) which the 00V annotates. You may end up waiting years for the right combination of the red you like and the hardware color you like (and it seems Chanel has not been very plentiful when it comes to gold hardware with reds until last summer, although this year seems to be full of gold hardware, just maybe not in the bag you want it in). Hope that makes sense..

Hi Tutushopper,
Thanks again that really clears things up. I only have black, beige and metallic jumbos. I assumed that I could choose the hardware colour of the mini like I did with the jumbos.

Since you seem really in the know, do you believe that a red mini with standard GHW is likely in the new few seasons. I'm happy to wait but is it more likely to be in Cruise, Spring, or Winter? As well, aside from having a great relationship with a SA is there anyway to know in advance?

Thanks again.

Hi Tutushopper,
Thanks again that really clears things up. I only have black, beige and metallic jumbos. I assumed that I could choose the hardware colour of the mini like I did with the jumbos.

Since you seem really in the know, do you believe that a red mini with standard GHW is likely in the new few seasons. I'm happy to wait but is it more likely to be in Cruise, Spring, or Winter? As well, aside from having a great relationship with a SA is there anyway to know in advance?

Thanks again.

Someone usually posts the Hirshleifers list for the season here on tpf, but that only shows what they ordered. It does help to have a SA who will let you know what their particular store ordered (in the case of free standing Chanel boutiques) as different ones order different products. I suppose that's also the case for Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, and BG. This cruise is all about gold hardware, even though many minis are with shw, so I'd guess that summer will continue being about gold hardware. Only Chanel corporate knows what combinations they will do, and whether the U.S. will get them or not (they seem to be sending different bags to various countries lately). I'd watch the threads that come up for a season to see what's on it, as there really is no telling when Chanel will do a red with ghw in the mini. They have done them in all seasons, sometimes in shw, sometimes in brushed gold, and sometimes in gold. It's all just a waiting game for the right combo to come up.