Mini Nolita - lambskin bad idea?

AED1127

O.G.
Dec 23, 2007
I really looks the look of the mini Nolita but I am very concerned because it’s calfskin. I have never had a calfskin bag and usually pick grained leather so it lasts longer. Does the Ysl la skin scratch super easily? Will it end up looking bad? I’m not super rough on my bags but I don’t feel like buying something I have to baby.

Reactions: bealovespurses12
I really looks the look of the mini Nolita but I am very concerned because it’s calfskin. I have never had a calfskin bag and usually pick grained leather so it lasts longer. Does the Ysl la skin scratch super easily? Will it end up looking bad? I’m not super rough on my bags but I don’t feel like buying something I have to baby.
It can scratch easily from your fingernails. I purchased it. It is soft, but I love it and it doesn’t seem as delicate as it feels. I wear it carefree.

Reactions: AED1127
I've had it for about 7 weeks and have worn it going out, to concerts, casually, etc. I also wear it carefree, basically, and I see no scratches at all. The logo doesn't look quite as shiny but that could be my imagination. Actually, in the first two days that I got the bag, I noticed a scratch on the underside of the flap. I didn't think I caused the damage as I had only used it once or twice at that point (and SUPER carefully!). Couldn't return it as I had gone out of the country but I brought it to the store, they took 10 minutes to clean it, and the scratch was completely gone.

So take from this what you will - I love my bag and am pleasantly surprised by how many of my essentials it can fit for a mini bag, and the versatility of the shoulder bag/crossbody option.

Reactions: simplyhandbagnj
Hi! I'm looking to purchase the Mini Nolita Lambskin as my first designer handbag. I'm looking for an everyday bag to just fit my phone, card case, and a lip gloss. Is this bag a good start / at a good price?
I recently bought this handbag a few months ago. It is small. It fits all my needs. I put a card holder into it , I actually slide the cardholder into the card holder slots in the purse. It fits my iPhone max pro 14 with a skinny case on it, lip gloss, mini hand sanitizer. I limit my needs to my essentials due to size. I wear it with the chain strap as crossbody or I double it as a shoulder bag. I have it in the white color and it did have a little transfer dye from my denim. Overall, it’s very comfortable to carry.

To everyone who has this bag, can you please post photos with your belongings inside the bag?? I just want to get an idea of how it looks with your card holder, phone (or just your phone case so you can take the photo lol), lip balms, etc.

I love this bag and want to bite the bullet because I've noticed it's had a price increase, and I can potentially get one secondhand for a steal. Thank you :heart: