Mini Lady Dior which one

Chrysje

Aug 14, 2018
Dear all,
I am contemplating to purchase one of these 2 Lady Dior bags. My heart goes out more to the exotic watersnake version. It is expensive and I know it does not keep its resale value. But what do you all think of its looks? I always wanted an exotic mini Lady Dior (I already have 2 mini Lady Dior in the regular cannage) and this one looks quite unique due to the gold stripes and gold dust I feel..? Very curious about all of your opinion on this before I would finally pull the trigger. @averagejoe could you please also chime in as I always love reading your opinion and knowledge on everything Dior :smile: I would really appreciate your advice and feedback on this thank you ♥️

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 154
Get the one you really want…and get the more unique piece.
so.. the exotic with gold dust and gold lines!!

Dior’s unique pieces are so special and if love iT now, don’t settle for something less expensive because the one you want will always haunt you. You don’t want to be posting in the “one that got away” thread later. (I will caveat all this though by assuming you won’t go into debt for this)

Oh wow, the exotic looks so fun! I'm a sucker for anything that's a twist on a classic style and a little bit punk-rock, so this is influencing my choice here. The classic lady Dior is more elegant, so depends on what your typical style is. Ultimately you're trying to strike the balance between buying for decent value retention and investing in your wardrobe with something you'll actually wear all the time. Personally, I have so many classic and expensive bags that I love to look at, but never use because they just don't match my wardrobe or I'm scared I'll damage it and lower its re-sell value. In the end, I always reach for this little miu miu pouch that I purchased a decade ago that goes with everything, but which I never expected to hold its value.

Also when I see these designer bags in public, the classics are gorgeous but fairly common where I am – it's the unusual variations that catch my eye and get the compliments.

Reactions: Chrysje
Aww thanks :blush:. I personally do not like this snakeskin one. I'm not a fan of the horizontal lines because they resemble slashes, even though their placement is meant to make them not look like slashes (they are intentionally placed in the center to mimic an ombre effect). I've seen actual ombre snakeskin versions where the colours transition naturally into each other that have an immediate wow factor. This is just personal preference.

The black Cannage is classic, but since you mentioned that you always wanted an exotic mini version, then perhaps wait for one which you will love so much that you won't consider other options. Deciding between two may mean that you are on the fence about it to begin with.

Thank you all so much for your advice and input ♥️. Since @averagejoe said it reminds him of slashes I kind of can’t unsee that now and can’t get that out of my head now :sad: 🙈. Slashes don’t sound very elegant Lady Dior like LOL 😆. I know I am the one who needs to love it but don’t want to make an impulse decision on such an expensive bag (€6600) and maybe regret it later. I will sleep on it a bit more and let it sink in a bit more before making a final decision.

Last edited:
Exciting! Considering the two bags in this particular style are already in your collection, venturing into the exotic version seems like a safe yet thrilling move. Are you particularly drawn to an exotic black variation? As @averagejoe and @Chrysje mentioned about the slashes on the bag, does that bother you. If I was you, I would look at few exotics before pulling the trigger.

Exciting! Considering the two bags in this particular style are already in your collection, venturing into the exotic version seems like a safe yet thrilling move. Are you particularly drawn to an exotic black variation? As @averagejoe and @Chrysje mentioned about the slashes on the bag, does that bother you. If I was you, I would look at few exotics before pulling the trigger.

Not necessarily drawn towards an exotic black mini. I just saw this one and thought I always wanted an exotic one. But I now feel like the “slashes” will maybe bother me after a while and I may get bored of it. So I feel less hyped now after cooling down LOL 😆 . When I just saw it, I felt like I HAD to have it. And also the rumor that Dior may have a price increase this month didn’t help either and made me feel like I should maybe hurry up. That’s why it’s never good to make an impulse purchase 😅. Like some of you suggested I will keep checking for another one. For the perfect one for me ❤️. P.S. I rarely post in the forum so my lay-out looks a bit strange on your reply and didn’t know how to undo it. Sorry for that @Rami00

Last edited:
If you can afford the exotic it seems like a no brainer. Its far more interesting and adds a great "pop" to an outfit. The black is classic and timeless (but so are a lot of other black bags :P )