Mini HL vs Eva (old vs new?)

Feb 14, 2012
Hello friends! My debating has begun yet again. This time I'm in the market for a monogram small bag for travel, supermarket, etc.

Of course my first thought was Eva. Perfectly practical and versatile. But I am so drawn to the mini HL's cuteness as the fact that they aren't all over the place. I found one pre-loved that comes with a long strap. But still, it's significantly smaller than Eva... I'm just afraid that if I don't get it the chance will pass.

Any thoughts from mini HL or Eva owners?

Eva. I've made this type of thread before asking about convincing me to buy the HL and everyone here suggests that I get the Eva since the HL looks like a kid's bag. I followed the advice and got the Eva and realized the HL do look like a kid's bag. I never regret my decision getting the Eva over the HL.

I also love the mini sac HL and the ellipse clutch also discontinued. My vote is for the mini sac. Sometimes you cant underestimate the affect cuteness can have on you. I recently purchased a new car simply because thew colour is cute and unique. Cute oozes personality. I do actually own a Eva but for a quick errand I tend to grab my illustrated mini pocette which is smaller than a mini sca hl. I keep my Eva for nights out.

If you can swing it I'd get both. I recently purchased the Eva, and I loved the look of it from pictures but fell soooo much more in love once I tried it on. So that would rank as my first choice, but like another poster said, Eva will be here. I also love how cute the mini sac is, but my funds don't allow for "unnecessary"LV purchases at the moment. :P So IMO, if you can only get one, get Eva. If you can do both, get mini sac then Eva in a few weeks/months.

lightdays said:
Eva. I've made this type of thread before asking about convincing me to buy the HL and everyone here suggests that I get the Eva since the HL looks like a kid's bag. I followed the advice and got the Eva and realized the HL do look like a kid's bag. I never regret my decision getting the Eva over the HL.

Really? I searched high and low for HL threads and only found one in the clubhouse. Would've been handy to read yours :smile:

And I guess it does kind of look like a kid bag... I just had a fascinations for small things, and I love speedy, so... But it's probably not so practical

Helinaluvslife said:
I also love the mini sac HL and the ellipse clutch also discontinued. My vote is for the mini sac. Sometimes you cant underestimate the affect cuteness can have on you. I recently purchased a new car simply because thew colour is cute and unique. Cute oozes personality. I do actually own a Eva but for a quick errand I tend to grab my illustrated mini pocette which is smaller than a mini sca hl. I keep my Eva for nights out.

Yes, the mini pochette is also on my list at the moment, so I'm trying not to duplicate functions too much. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for all of the input everyone! I'm not 100% decided yet, but getting there... The cuteness of the mini sac is so alluring. And the Eva functionality makes it feel like a more practical/justifiable purchase. Maybe I'll look for a pre-love Eva so I can do both ;)

i have the mini HL, and honestly, it holds a good amount.. i like the eva too.
i can fit my wapity into my mini hl, and i always wear it with the long strap.
let me know if you want pictures!