Mini-Flap and Chocolate Bar Mini?

lils

O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Hello Everyone!

I just bought my first Chanel - a gorgeous mini-flap in lambskin (black). I of course became obsessed immediately and, after searching through the shopping threads, found pics of the Chocolate Bar Mini. I love it! Is this too similar to the Mini-Flap (in terms of size) to buy it too? Does it come in a bigger size (other than the tote)? This may be a dumb question but why is it so much less expensive than the mini-flap?? Probably should have done more research before buying the mini-flap but loooooooove it. TIA!

When you say chocolate bar mini, are you referring to the chocolate bar lambskin camellia flap? If so, it is less expensive because, unlike the mini flap, it is lined in fabric while the mini flap is lined in leather. Also, the mini flap has additional back pocket also lined in leather. It also has more details. Hope this explains the difference in prices.

Does it come in a bigger size? No.

Is this too similar to the Mini-Flap (in terms of size) to buy it too? I believe you can fit more with chocolate bar camellia flap, but they are both relatively small, and if you are into small bags and you like the style, then go for it.

The mini is more of a boxier shape and the camelia flap is slightly longer. Also the strap on the camelia flap is a much better length than the mini in my opinion, the bag sits better.Hope this helps!

The dimension for the chocolate bar camellia mini: 7x4x2.25
Classic mini: 6.5x3x5.5
another difference is that it doesn't have a turn lock closure like the classic mini flap.
i think they have very different looks IMO. one is more rectangular and one is more squared.
you also have the choice of satin and lambskin for camellia, and caviar, patent leather, or lambskin for classic mini.

I think both a mini flap and camellia flap are fine. Not only because of the camellia flap is more east-west vs the mini flap's square shape but the camellia has quilted square versus the mini flap's diamonds. Hope this makes sense.