Mini Dior. Please help!

Zen888

O.G.
Jul 5, 2010
Hi everyone, I need some help with picking out a mini lady dior bag. Can you please tell me about your experience with your lady diors ? Would you suggest a patent leather or a leather bag? I like the look of the leather better but it might be too high maintenance? I’m thinking about red or light pink. Thanks very much! I appreciate all your helps!

The Lady Dior comes in more than those two leathers:
64543ecc-759d-4891-b783-103d7e4b0f8a-jpeg.3903192
53837611690__5171ee51-ad61-4a9d-bb5d-b212135b7034-jpg.3943991

This is the grained calfskin. It may not come in red or pink, but it's worth checking out the colours that this style comes in.

Lambskin isn't that delicate, although it does require a bit more care around the corners and where your nails contact the bag.

Picked this mini lady Dior up last month. I think it depends on the general weather in your country. From where I am, it’s sunny and humid the whole year round, so patent is probably a little tricky. But if I were to be perfect honest, lambskin will always be high maintenance no matter what, a bit of babying is probably needed. The grained leather type which @averagejoe posted looks like a fantastic choice- not too high maintenance, still soft to the touch (not rigid like chanel’s Caviar for example) and still a beautiful choice :heart:

Attachments

• DF924561-A8ED-42EF-9715-6E83A6129E1F.jpeg
    DF924561-A8ED-42EF-9715-6E83A6129E1F.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 693
Visited the Dior boutique a couple of weeks ago and tried both the Lambskin and patent leather. Both are gorgeous! The Lambskin does not seem high maintenance at all. The SA took out a Lambskin book, scratched it with her nail, and the rubbed it out just to show how durable it is. Get what you like. I personally prefer the Lambskin.

Last edited:
The Lady Dior comes in more than those two leathers:
64543ecc-759d-4891-b783-103d7e4b0f8a-jpeg.3903192
53837611690__5171ee51-ad61-4a9d-bb5d-b212135b7034-jpg.3943991

This is the grained calfskin. It may not come in red or pink, but it's worth checking out the colours that this style comes in.

Lambskin isn't that delicate, although it does require a bit more care around the corners and where your nails contact the bag.
It’s so gorgeous! Should I grab this colour?

Attachments

• 0210B015-0FAC-44B9-BD70-CA1119D146E3.jpeg
    0210B015-0FAC-44B9-BD70-CA1119D146E3.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 644
Visited the Dior boutique a couple of weeks ago and tried both the Lambskin and patent leather. Both are gorgeous! The Lambskin does not seem high maintenance at all. The SA took out a Lambskin book, scratched it with her nail, and the rubbed it out just to show how durable it is. Get what you like. I personally prefer the Lambskin.
Wow! And my SA told me to be extra careful with lambskin...what a world of difference different SA communicate. Now I feel better using my mini LD, don’t have to be too careful :P
I too prefer the lambskin :heart:

Reactions: Zen888
If you like it, then yes! I love the chain strap that comes with it.

Is this from the Toronto Bloor St Dior Concession by any chance? The shelves at the back look like it.
Yes it is from holt renfrew bloor. I’m so indecisive. Now I’m trying to decide btw this pink and the pearly lotus. Which one do you think is more duarbale? Also will shiny finish give me trouble if I wanna re dye the bag later on? Thanks!

Yes it is from holt renfrew bloor. I’m so indecisive. Now I’m trying to decide btw this pink and the pearly lotus. Which one do you think is more duarbale? Also will shiny finish give me trouble if I wanna re dye the bag later on? Thanks!
I suggest the pink. The pearly refinish on the Lotus cannot be redyed.

To add to my reply, I actually don't recommend an entire bag be re-dyed. It actually can make the leather feel stiffer, because it is essentially spraying leather paint onto the bag. It covers the supple finish of the leather.

If you do decide to get the Lotus instead, Dior can replace the handles for a fee if they start to show a lot of wear and tear. This is better than re-dying the bag.