Mimmy's Stylebook Closet

Ha! You do! You’ve been so good wearing your silk scarves, unlike somebody else we know...
Is this your newly hemmed dress? Is it weird that I also added two striped dresses to our wardrobe recently? :biggrin:
View attachment 4065032 View attachment 4065033

Yes, this is my newly hemmed dress.

No, not weird at all that you added two striped dresses to our wardrobe recently. I guess we are kindred spirits. [emoji6] I can’t wait to wear them! I’d really like to wear the red one soon! [emoji7]

Reactions: Marylin
Yes, this is my newly hemmed dress.

No, not weird at all that you added two striped dresses to our wardrobe recently. I guess we are kindred spirits. [emoji6] I can’t wait to wear them! I’d really like to wear the red one soon! [emoji7]
As I said, it’s a bit on the short side for me, so should be perfect for you! Let’s see more of how you style your new acquisition, I’d love to get more ideas! :smile:

Reactions: Mimmy
My Most Recent Closet Addition.
View attachment 4049684
I just received my J. Crew white denim sheath dress; it fits perfectly. It has pockets too! [emoji3]

I think that this will be a perfect “blank slate” dress for spring and summer.

Although I have bemoaned the poor quality of J. Crew tees, I have been very happy with their denim, Liberty of London pieces and jackets.

I love that dress!!!

... and It’s Not Even Summer Yet.
IMG_1528157226.608590.jpg
Time for some shorts looks. It’s hot. It’s humid. I only went to the post office and grocery store today.

It’s still feels right to wear something fashionable though. [emoji3]

Reactions: crisbac and Marylin
Same Shorts, Different Day.

I am probably committing a sartorial sin, by wearing the same shorts that I wore 2 days ago.

I had an outfit in mind though, so here they are again.

I was caught in a downpour, so the Le Pliage was a good pick for today. The Céline sunnies pick up the color of the bag.
IMG_1528324131.087053.jpg
Simple, but I think it works.

Same Shorts, Different Day.

I am probably committing a sartorial sin, by wearing the same shorts that I wore 2 days ago.

I had an outfit in mind though, so here they are again.

I was caught in a downpour, so the Le Pliage was a good pick for today. The Céline sunnies pick up the color of the bag.
View attachment 4091562
Simple, but I think it works.
Not simple at all, every piece is cute by itself, together they’re great!

Good Things Come in Orange Boxes!
IMG_1529093175.690090.jpg
Plumets du Roy scarf.
IMG_1529093226.856282.jpg
IMG_1529093245.064304.jpg
It is a combination/adaptation of two classic Hermès scarves. L’Instruction du Roy by Henri d’Origny and Casques et Plumets by Julie Abadie.
The placement of the two designs allows it to be tied in numerous ways.
IMG_1529093424.122586.jpg
Just one way today with rather poor lighting, but hopefully it gives you an idea.
IMG_1529093504.888491.jpg
My complete look today.

I think that I’m going to love this one! [emoji7]

It Doesn’t Have to Be Hermès.

The above statement may be blasphemous to some; but it’s true.
IMG_1529096532.978852.jpg
I wore this outfit yesterday to work, where I am a Physician Assistant in a private pediatric practice.

I have had a toddler’s runny nose wiped on my shirt sleeve, and laughed about it! [emoji23]

I think that it would be harder for me to laugh if a child wiped their nose on a Hermès scarf though!

This J. Crew scarf although made in Italy, was only $8! If it became a hankie, I could still get a chuckle out of it. [emoji6]