Mimmy's Stylebook Closet

At the Airport.
IMG_1490907851.340361.jpg
This is my traveling outfit today.

The Fifth top.

Hudson cropped flares, with an unfinished hem.

Gap belt.

MJ Pike Place Hobo. One of my carefree bags; holds a ton.

Rag & Bone boots.

Ray-Ban sunnies.
IMG_1490907924.850609.jpg
@Sass I promised you a mod shot with my cropped flare jeans. Apologies for the photo quality, as this was taken in the airport restroom. The hem falls just above my boots. I have found these to be very comfortable and a versatile wardrobe addition!

Reactions: Marylin
Well, you did mention Colorado before...
Is it really that cold there still? The pink/black theme is really cute. Have fun!

You are exactly right, Marylin!

Today the weather is quite mild where we are, but tomorrow the temperature is supposed to drop into the 40's. We are going to the mountains where snow is predicted.[emoji300]️

Although I grew up here, I am now accustomed to fairly warm/hot weather.[emoji41]

Denver Fun!
IMG_1490992451.807612.jpg
Equipment cashmere sweater. Great quality, I just wash it in my machine on delicate, tumble dry to damp and then lay flat to dry. No pills yet!

H scarf.

Joe's jeans.

Rebecca Minkoff jacket.

Rag & Bone boots.
IMG_1490993028.038115.jpg
@barbee I said that I would take a mod shot when I wore a H scarf casually. Not the best scarf photo; looks like a mod shot for the phone case or the TV. [emoji6] I hope that this gives you a general idea though. I even wear my scarves when I wear shorts!

So Glad That I Remembered to Bring This!

As I type on my phone, I am watching the rain turn to snow. At the last minute, I put this in my suitcase. I will add it to my packing list.
IMG_1490993553.212484.jpg
This is a trip to connect with family, with very little time to shop.
IMG_1490993618.823679.jpg
I did manage to pop into one of my favorite quirky little boutiques, "The Crybaby Ranch".

This is my perfect Colorado souvenir. It's a silk scarf with a cowboy/ranch theme. After I unwrapped it in my hotel room I realized that it matched my pink/black/neutral clothing that I packed for this trip.

Not sure how I posted 2 scarf photos!

Attachments

• IMG_1490993695.134764.jpg
    IMG_1490993695.134764.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 191
So Glad That I Remembered to Bring This!

As I type on my phone, I am watching the rain turn to snow. At the last minute, I put this in my suitcase. I will add it to my packing list.
View attachment 3652271
This is a trip to connect with family, with very little time to shop.
View attachment 3652273
I did manage to pop into one of my favorite quirky little boutiques, "The Crybaby Ranch".

This is my perfect Colorado souvenir. It's a silk scarf with a cowboy/ranch theme. After I unwrapped it in my hotel room I realized that it matched my pink/black/neutral clothing that I packed for this trip.

Not sure how I posted 2 scarf photos!
How cute! Even your phone case goes with your travel-colors!

Reactions: Mimmy
Heading to the Mountains Today.
IMG_1491101845.087028.jpg
Banana Republic sweater. Not much need to wear this in FL, but I am glad I kept it.[emoji177]

Joe's Jeans.

Rebecca Minkoff jacket.

Longchamp Le Pliage.

Ray-Ban sunnies.

Sorel boots. Yes, there was snow on the ground! [emoji300]️
IMG_1491102124.055716.jpg

Home Again. [emoji537]

Returned home yesterday, but I wanted to post the outfit that I actually wore. It was too late to take an acceptable picture of my new scarf.
IMG_1491225962.098304.jpg
Topshop top.

Michael MK down vest. This is great for travel. It fits into it's own little pouch, that I used for a pillow on the plane. I carry a travel pillow, but this was a lot more comfy!

Hudson cropped flares.

My new Colorado souvenir scarf. Brightened up my otherwise neutral outfit.

MJ Pike Place Hobo. Best, carefree travel bag that I own.

Rag & Bone boots.

Reactions: bakeacookie
How Did I Do?

I am always looking for ways to streamline my packing. I like to travel light; I have not checked luggage for quite sometime. All my items fit into a small/medium carry on.

The Sorel boots and my Rebecca Minkoff jacket took up a lot of room in my bag. I would have looked silly wearing these boots getting on the plane in FL though, and I wore the RM jacket enough that I am glad I brought it. I am no longer acclimated to cold weather, and I dislike feeling cold! The Michael MK vest fit in my purse and was handy to use as a pillow.

This trip involved a big climate change for me. It was only a 3 day trip though, and I knew that I would not need any clothes for dressy events.

I wore everything that I packed, including the scarf that I bought.

I did not wish that I had packed anything more. I received the most compliments on my pink sweater and boot outfit.

I bought the boots and down vest specifically for this trip. It was a happy coincidence that the laces on the boots matched the pink sweater and Le Pliage that I already owned. Both items were on sale and cost about $80 together.

Honestly, I will probably get more future wear from the vest. The boots will not get much wear at all. I did not have any other boots suitable for snow though, and if I ever need boots for snow again, I have them!

I am overall very satisfied with how I packed for this trip. [emoji3]

Reactions: bakeacookie
How Did I Do?

I am always looking for ways to streamline my packing. I like to travel light; I have not checked luggage for quite sometime. All my items fit into a small/medium carry on.

The Sorel boots and my Rebecca Minkoff jacket took up a lot of room in my bag. I would have looked silly wearing these boots getting on the plane in FL though, and I wore the RM jacket enough that I am glad I brought it. I am no longer acclimated to cold weather, and I dislike feeling cold! The Michael MK vest fit in my purse and was handy to use as a pillow.

This trip involved a big climate change for me. It was only a 3 day trip though, and I knew that I would not need any clothes for dressy events.

I wore everything that I packed, including the scarf that I bought.

I did not wish that I had packed anything more. I received the most compliments on my pink sweater and boot outfit.

I bought the boots and down vest specifically for this trip. It was a happy coincidence that the laces on the boots matched the pink sweater and Le Pliage that I already owned. Both items were on sale and cost about $80 together.

Honestly, I will probably get more future wear from the vest. The boots will not get much wear at all. I did not have any other boots suitable for snow though, and if I ever need boots for snow again, I have them!

I am overall very satisfied with how I packed for this trip. [emoji3]
You did great. If you leave the boots and sweater at your family in Colorado, you'll have even less luggage next time! :biggrin:

Reactions: Mimmy
You did great. If you leave the boots and sweater at your family in Colorado, you'll have even less luggage next time! :biggrin:

Thanks, Marylin!

I actually unintentionally left my Rebecca Minkoff leather jacket at my cousin's cabin. [emoji853]
It did lighten my load. [emoji6] My cousin will ship it back to me; no rush as FL temperatures are in the 80's now! [emoji28]

Today a New Top Makes All the Difference!

I have really been trying to shop my closet, and I think that I have been fairly successful. A new purchase can be a great addition though!
View attachment 3656983
J. Crew tee. The anchor appliqué has little jewels.

Rag & Bone skirt. I wear this skirt a lot. [emoji6]

Chloé sunnies.

H Picotin Lock MM.

MbMJ mouse flats, for whimsy. [emoji193]

Last edited: