Mimmy's Stylebook Closet

It's Cold Outside! ☃️

In Florida, this means that the daytime temperature has consistently been in the low 60's! [emoji23] Please don't throw snowballs at me for this statement. [emoji300]️

It also means that I can wear my new, Rebecca Minkoff bomber/varsity jacket.
IMG_1485860447.921965.jpg
IMG_1485860478.332761.jpg
It fits in the shoulders, without being tight. Otherwise it is meant to have an oversized look. On me it comes to below the hip. I really like this, as many of my other jackets come to my high hip area.

May I ask for your opinion?

I would like to buy some Adidas sneakers. My new jacket has inspired me to have a little fun with athleisure.

I hear some of you groaning, and you are totally justified in that thought. I leave my yoga pants in the studio, and otherwise save my active wear, for well, when I'm active.

But ... I think that the Adidas would make a nice addition to my wardrobe, and fit my often casual style.

My dilemma is, black or white?
IMG_1485861188.903078.jpg
IMG_1485861200.677769.jpg

It's Cold Outside! ☃️

In Florida, this means that the daytime temperature has consistently been in the low 60's! [emoji23] Please don't throw snowballs at me for this statement. [emoji300]️

It also means that I can wear my new, Rebecca Minkoff bomber/varsity jacket.
View attachment 3590896
View attachment 3590897
It fits in the shoulders, without being tight. Otherwise it is meant to have an oversized look. On me it comes to below the hip. I really like this, as many of my other jackets come to my high hip area.

Very cute outfit! If you get hit by a snowball, throw back a pineapple !

Reactions: Mimmy

I would like to buy some Adidas sneakers. My new jacket has inspired me to have a little fun with athleisure.

I hear some of you groaning, and you are totally justified in that thought. I leave my yoga pants in the studio, and otherwise save my active wear, for well, when I'm active.

But ... I think that the Adidas would make a nice addition to my wardrobe, and fit my often casual style.

View attachment 3590912
View attachment 3590913
Honestly. Yes and no. Adidas might be the coolest, low key sneaker out there. Comfortable and stylish. But. I see them on every school girl, every style blog it seems. Might be different in Florida, here it's adidas overkill. They do go very well with the jacket though. I'd opt for the black ones.

View attachment 3590912
View attachment 3590913
I'm a big sneaker gal at heart, plus a big Adidas fan, so this is a difficult question. Focusing on JUST the fact that they are Adidas, I'd do black. I've owned many of the white ones and the white cap part tends to yellow. I'm also suuuuper ocd about keeping my sneakers white, so .. ya.. haha... that said, my personal preference is white, and i'd probably keep buying white Adidas haha.

View attachment 3590912
View attachment 3590913
What others have been saying though, I do see a lot of Adidas, and also Converse. There are a lot brands with sneakers now, do you think you would look at something similar? or are you quite loving Adidas?

Honestly. Yes and no. Adidas might be the coolest, low key sneaker out there. Comfortable and stylish. But. I see them on every school girl, every style blog it seems. Might be different in Florida, here it's adidas overkill. They do go very well with the jacket though. I'd opt for the black ones.
I appreciate your honest opinion, Marylin. I have not tried any on yet; maybe I won't like them. I plan to find some to try on, before I make a final decision.
I see adidas everywherie too. I'm all for athleisure, and have acquired 3 pairs of sneakers lately, but none of them are adidas.
Thanks for your opinion, randr21. I have quite a few other sneakers and sneaker type shoes. I am going to give this some more thought.
I'm a big sneaker gal at heart, plus a big Adidas fan, so this is a difficult question. Focusing on JUST the fact that they are Adidas, I'd do black. I've owned many of the white ones and the white cap part tends to yellow. I'm also suuuuper ocd about keeping my sneakers white, so .. ya.. haha... that said, my personal preference is white, and i'd probably keep buying white Adidas haha.

What others have been saying though, I do see a lot of Adidas, and also Converse. There are a lot brands with sneakers now, do you think you would look at something similar? or are you quite loving Adidas?
I am leaning towards the white ones, but I appreciate your letting me know the white cap tends to yellow; this would bother me.

I don't see many Adidas in my area. Maybe that will change. I usually march to my own drummer, but I think that I would be okay with having a pair of Adidas, even if I started seeing them everywhere. [emoji3]

For the sneaker trend I got cheap Superga lol.

Does it have to be just black or white?

(Check the rack when you buy!)

Well, bake, I was hoping that looking at the sneakers and sneaker type shoes that I already own, might bring me to my senses.
IMG_1485920424.844200.jpgIMG_1485920438.840285.jpgIMG_1485920450.915208.jpgIMG_1485920463.330172.jpgIMG_1485920473.229728.jpgIMG_1485920481.963469.jpg
I probably shouldn't buy any more at all! I did donate a pair yesterday though. I'm going to think about this some more ...

I'll let you know what I decide. Thank you all for your input! [emoji8]

Reactions: minoxa33
Well, bake, I was hoping that looking at the sneakers and sneaker type shoes that I already own, might bring me to my senses.
View attachment 3591554View attachment 3591555View attachment 3591556View attachment 3591557View attachment 3591558View attachment 3591559
I probably shouldn't buy any more at all! I did donate a pair yesterday though. I'm going to think about this some more ...

Mimmy, these are much better than the Addidas!!! They fit your wardrobe better.

View attachment 3591554View attachment 3591555View attachment 3591556View attachment 3591557View attachment 3591558View attachment 3591559

Well, ok, not the black ones then. You're covered there.
Another suggestion: what do you think about the metallic trend? I've seen some really cool sneakers in silver and copper, but since I'm on a shoe ban......

Mimmy, these are much better than the Addidas!!! They fit your wardrobe better.
Thanks, bake. I am glad that I asked for opinions.
Well, ok, not the black ones then. You're covered there.
Another suggestion: what do you think about the metallic trend? I've seen some really cool sneakers in silver and copper, but since I'm on a shoe ban......
I am so glad that you made this suggestion, Marylin! I don't think I'd buy a sneaker that was entirely metallic, although I've been looking at metallic flats. I did find these though ...
IMG_1485951648.716907.jpg
Adidas with silver stripes.
IMG_1485951670.843534.jpg
Adidas with copper stripes; definitely like copper better than gold.

I think I will hit pause on this purchase for now. I obviously have a big weakness for shoes, even more than bags. I will try some on when I get a chance though.

Again, I really appreciate your opinions and honesty. I needed the input!

Reactions: eggtartapproved