Travel Milan(4d) and Venice(2d) Trip

beatese

Jun 11, 2010
Dear all,

I know that there is a thread about Italy. But there is too much information which make me:faint:.

I need some advice about my trip to Italy - - to Milan (4 days) and Venice (2 days) ONLY.
Please give me ideas of what worth doing in Milan and Venice.

Things to see, to visit, to eat, to drink, to stroll, to rest, and to shop. I am only interested with some average shopping though.

And also any advice will be very much appreciated!:heart::heart::love::hbeat::hugs:

Dear all,

I know that there is a thread about Italy. But there is too much information which make me:faint:.

I need some advice about my trip to Italy - - to Milan (4 days) and Venice (2 days) ONLY.
Please give me ideas of what worth doing in Milan and Venice.

Things to see, to visit, to eat, to drink, to stroll, to rest, and to shop. I am only interested with some average shopping though.

And also any advice will be very much appreciated!:heart::heart::love::hbeat::hugs:

to be honest, 4 days in Milan seem a lot to me. 2 days is enough to visit the city, I would spend the remaining 2 days somewhere else.
In 2 days you could explore Florence too. I don't know where you are flying to and back home, but that's doable.

I'm not as familiar as maryg, obviously, but I've been to both cities and I wouldn't use up 4 days in Milan either. I'd add a day to Venice or as mary said, see Florence. Venice has a lot to see and do, including the island of Murano. Florence is full of history, art, and shopping.

I'll take the opposing position and argue that staying in Milan for four days isn't too long.

What's there to see + do?
- the Duomo
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- Cimitero Monumentale: very impressive cemetary
- Castello Sforzesco (+ museums inside)
- the Triennale design museum (loved it!) situated in the "Parco Sempione" (great for taking a break from the sensations of the city)
- Santa Maria delle Grazie w/ da Vinci's "Last Supper"
- (window) shopping at "10 Corso Como", Via Montenapoleone/Quadrilatero d'oro & La Rinascente

Great ice cream:
Officine del Gelato (Viale Montenero, 46)
also: Grom (several locations in the city)

May this be helpful for you. :smile:

If you can't change the 4 days in Milan, I would take a day trip up to Lake Como. It looks to be about 40 minutes by train. Stunning mountain views, and maybe you'll even run into George Clooney! :groucho:

4 seasons hotel in Milan - amazing hotel, great location close to Duomo and between Montenapoleone and Via Spiga. it is truly the symbol of Milan.
We have booked this hotel for the upcoming shopping trip with our little baby.