Micro bags: YES, please or OUT, please?

Ah right. I don't think I've ever seen a bag that small, I must have been living under a rock lately! I agree, that sounds beyond impractical and ridiculous! No thanks :P

No to Micro. On some days when I'm not suffering a bad sinus I carry little, usually my large Balenciaga wallet, large smartphone, keys and sunglasses. But when I do have a sinus, I need to carry lots of kleenex in my handbag. And I usually HATE carrying my sunglasses on my head and in my hand and would prefer a bag that can carry my sunglasses case, so I can tuck my glasses away when I'm indoors so I can be hands-free. So Micro bags are a huge no-go for me.

I've seen the Rebecca Minkoff Micro bags and I thought they were adorable. But I could never get myself to buy any of it because they look like they're made for a child. Even the Louis Vuitton Mini HL/Nano bags look ridiculous on me even though I look about 15 years younger than my actual age. I've seen women in their 30-40's carry a Mini HL with a long strap in the mall and I wonder what they actually carry in there? Probably their cash/cards and a old, generic flip phone and keys? Crazy.

Well, on the other hand... Micro bags should not be considered as bags but a giant fashion charm.they are more artisitic then practical. With the right use they make the image very bright. Of course proportions matter but tiny girl with "mini me" is adorable.

I've only just discovered this 'trend' ... I haven't seen anyone wear it in real life, but after seeing some pictures on Google I would love a micro bag... I usually don't carry a lot with me when I leave the house... I might try to score s cute micro bag!

Edit: after doing some research, I think a mini bag would be a better option!!

Last edited:
Clutch wallets on chains is as "micro" as I go.
Trend or not, photos of women wearing 3 or 5 different bags, layering micros with totes & such--ridiculous, imo.
If I was going for pack mule effect, why buy designer bags?
Odd.
Will stick to my 1 big bag. Even though people say, "That looks so huge on you!" sometimes.
Big bags hurt more, when someone annoying gets smacked with them. Minis don't even bruise. ;)

I agree, I can't imagine carrying more than one bag at a time!!! And those tiny tiny bags look like something you'd maybe decorate your bureau with. Which actually might be cute....

Out especially for the ridiculous price that premier designers charge for them. Yeah righ I'm going to pay over a grand for a doll size purse. Nope I will carry contemporary designer cross body's couple hundred bucks max. I save my coin for regular size Chanel and valentinoglamlocks

To each their own! I did it too actually, just when I look back I feel like it didn't look very streamlined.
I was offering another oppion. It was nothing more, nothing less than that, an opinion.

I like small bags for cross-body. I would not buy a micro bag unless it was on sale. I rather buy a full sized bag if those micro bags are sold for similar prices to bigger bags. The bag cannot look like a kid's bag either. So, more than likely it is an out please for me.

Last edited:
For me it depends on the size of the micro bag. I'm fine with using micro bags as a crossbody as long as the strap's long enough and the bag can fit my cellphone, credit card, compact wallet and keys. If we're talking about micro bags that are charm-sized, then I think they're better off staying as charms.

Below is what became of my smallest micro bag (which also functions as a bag charm). The only things I can fit into it are four dog biscuits but the craftsmanship on it is amazing! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20160102_084556.jpg
    IMG_20160102_084556.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 202
I like the cuteness of micro bags but I wouldn't necessarily carry one. I've seen it on others and sometimes it works and other times, well...

As a collector's item, I guess it saves more space, lol.