Food Michelin restaurants

We had a culinary tour and dined twice by famous Swiss top Chef Andreas Caminada.
I dined at 3 Michelin star restaurants in France, Germany, Spain, but Swiss quality ( sorry if I hurt someone) is unbeatable in my case.

View attachment 5767142View attachment 5767143View attachment 5767144View attachment 5767145View attachment 5767146
Thanks! I am always curious about this place but haven’t tried it.
Have you tried Tanja Grandit in Basel? I know it’s only 2 stars but what do you think compared to Caminada in terms of menu? I think they both share the same philosophy.

I've tried Grandit and am afraid Caminada might be too similar.

Thanks! I am always curious about this place but haven’t tried it.
Have you tried Tanja Grandit in Basel? I know it’s only 2 stars but what do you think compared to Caminada in terms of menu? I think they both share the same philosophy.

I've tried Grandit and am afraid Caminada might be too similar.
We are going to Tanja in June. After that I would say anything.

Reactions: Helventara
Husband snagged French Laundry reservations for my birthday (what a sweetie!). We had heard some rumors about not setting your expectations too high, but we figured we had to go at least once! I was completely star-struck by Mr. Keller, who gave me a fist bump. :loveeyes: That was 1000% the highlight of my night.

Because the food was... alright. I'm still new with collecting 3-stars, but we were so lucky to go to Noma and Geranium back-to-back last year and, honestly TFL cannot compare. I found it a bit monotonous and very heavy. If you're in California wine country, I think I'd rec Single Thread?

That being said, I'm still very happy we went and had a great time. Next on the wishlist: Benu!

so am i blaspheming if i say that sometimes i feel a michelin starred place is more about the fanfare/fluff than the actual taste or service?
twice the service has been so lackluster, the servers told us nothing about the food; and they did not even recommend good wines to go along with the food. also, nary a question about why i sent back every plate uneaten (because i really did not like the food). i am a very picky person , true, but one of them my super non picky dh didn't even like.
one was fiola in dc (we both hated it), the other was ai fiori in nyc.

Oh. Enjoy! If it’s warm (and not raining), they would seat you in the terrace which is wonderful. Quite magical at night.

Looking forward to hearing your experience.
We visited Tanja Grandits on Thursday. Art Basel is holding at the moment and the restaurant was fully booked. The weather was warm and pleasant and the dinner was served outside.
The food, the service, the matched wine, everything was above great.
Both Grandits and Caminada are excellent Chefs. I think, Caminada's level is a little bit higher.
85pLwcbGTFikoaa+wBILug.jpgfullsizeoutput_14ac.jpegfullsizeoutput_14b0.jpegfullsizeoutput_14ae.jpegfullsizeoutput_14b1.jpeg

We visited Tanja Grandits on Thursday. Art Basel is holding at the moment and the restaurant was fully booked. The weather was warm and pleasant and the dinner was served outside.
The food, the service, the matched wine, everything was above great.
Both Grandits and Caminada are excellent Chefs. I think, Caminada's level is a little bit higher.
View attachment 5803600View attachment 5803601View attachment 5803602View attachment 5803603View attachment 5803604
Thanks for reporting back. I am glad you enjoyed it. Now I am curious about Caminada….

• Thanks
Reactions: Tasha1
Had the opportunity to return to Jean Georges and the food did not impress me as much. I felt a lot of the dishes lacked texture or something crisp to offset all the layers of soft on soft and frankly it was very salty. (The dessert was nice.)

flour + water was amazing, I especially liked:
IMG_8008.jpeg

Penny Roma, sister location, also is really good. I would recommend both, but flour+water was definitely a treat.

Kin khao, was lucky enough to know someone fast at making the resyxamex promo so we only paid tax and tip but:
IMG_9158.jpeg
Carmalized pork belly was sooooooo good. I don’t even like pork belly usually. It was just so tender and juicy.

San wan ho, I wasn’t as impressed but did like:
IMG_2669.jpeg
IMG_2671.jpeg

Last edited:
flour + water was amazing, I especially liked:
View attachment 5940374

Penny Roma, sister location, also is really good. I would recommend both, but flour+water was definitely a treat.

Kin khao, was lucky enough to know someone fast at making the resyxamex promo so we only paid tax and tip but:
View attachment 5940386
Carmalized pork belly was sooooooo good. I don’t even like pork belly usually. It was just so tender and juicy.

San wan ho, I wasn’t as impressed but did like:
View attachment 5940387
View attachment 5940388
Are these michelin-starred? Looks very different from the usual plating. Interesting that they are all so casual.