Michael Kors Website Selling Outlet Bags??

I’ve read through this thread and I get the disappointment from OP. Retail bags were much different. Leather lined pockets, more hardware, metal zippers, etc. A clear difference in quality. Michael Kors is trying to make it through this pandemic as a retailer with the inventory they have an half of the world financially impacted and unable to endulge in such luxuries. I can only say I’ve yawned at everything on the website and can’t get behind all the logo bags. I don’t remember the last time I bought a bag from him and have found recent bags disappointing at best. Hope all are safe out there.

Is there an easy way to know which piece is an outlet one?
MK gets a lot of hate in the luxury community and I wanted to check it out for myself.
I went on the website and found two bags I'm interested in, but I don't want to waste time and money if they are really not worth it.

mk.JPG

The pricing of those two is similar to other contemporary brands but I'm still not sure.
The naming is very confusing. I know the brand is Michael Kors, but then you have "MICHAEL Michael Kors" and "Michael Kors Collection".
If anything, it impacts the brand's perception. How can you make sales if the potential customer doesn't know what they are getting.

MK gets a lot of hate in the luxury community and I wanted to check it out for myself.
I went on the website and found two bags I'm interested in, but I don't want to waste time and money if they are really not worth it.

View attachment 5198669

The pricing of those two is similar to other contemporary brands but I'm still not sure.
The naming is very confusing. I know the brand is Michael Kors, but then you have "MICHAEL Michael Kors" and "Michael Kors Collection".
If anything, it impacts the brand's perception. How can you make sales if the potential customer doesn't know what they are getting.
I agree on all points, it definitely muddles the perception of the brand. If you're absolutely in love with a bag, it doesn't really matter if it's an outlet or not. My first MK bag was from an outlet & I still love it. They just don't have all the bells & whistles of a boutique bag.

Very cute bags, they do not appear to be outlet bags! Price is usually a dead giveaway to an outlet bag. They mark the original retail price way up and the "sale" price is pretty reasonable.

Reactions: amateurjeweler

View attachment 5198669

I was looking at these bags too.

Michael Kors Collection is the high end line so anything named that is obviously not an outlet bag. Another way to know by price is if the item is listed as a new arrival but is already on sale then it’s outlet. I generally double check with Macy’s and Neiman Marcus to see if the bag matches on there but I got burned by getting the same bag as one I had gotten for my mom but in a different color. If you receive the item and there is no dust bag is another clue.

MK Outlet products always begin with '35' code.
Michael by Michael Kors styles start with '30'. That is the easiest way to recognise these.

However I do agree with the previous statement in this thread, what is important is if you love the bag. If you don't like the quality, you can always return it.
1666884457330.png

Outlet....
Hope Medium Saffiano Leather Satchel
View attachment 5021245View attachment 5021250

COLOR BLACK

I agree on all points, it definitely muddles the perception of the brand. If you're absolutely in love with a bag, it doesn't really matter if it's an outlet or not. My first MK bag was from an outlet & I still love it. They just don't have all the bells & whistles of a boutique bag.

Very cute bags, they do not appear to be outlet bags! Price is usually a dead giveaway to an outlet bag. They mark the original retail price way up and the "sale" price is pretty reasonable.

Remember in 2014 when BURBERRY Britt & BURBERRY London were discontinued, dropped from the name and became just plain old BURBERRY again? And when you stop and think how Michael by Michael Kors came along quite a few years after it originally began as just Michael Kors, isn't it possible they did the same thing as Burberry and have just reverted back to Michael Kors again?? Plus the fact that Michael Kors Holdings no longer exists and is now Capris Holdings, perhaps now there is no more Michael By Michael Kors anymore?? It appears to me now that it just has Michael Kors on the label, that's exactly what's happened. Designers do these things all the time and it's nothing new. It wouldn't surprise me at all.