Michael Fassbender

What is inspirational about them as a couple? Genuinely asking, as I tend to find thoughts, ideas, and actions inspirational, and occasionally individual people, but not really couples. The only couple I can honestly say has inspired me is my parents.

What is inspirational about them as a couple? Genuinely asking, as I tend to find thoughts, ideas, and actions inspirational, and occasionally individual people, but not really couples. The only couple I can honestly say has inspired me is my parents.
They are two inspirational individuals (personal life and career wise) who are now a couple, hence I used the term inspirational couple. I love the way they have remained true to themselves in an industry that begs for anything but. I find it inspirational that they have been able to strengthen a relationship to the point of marriage, having to work through and around such an unconventional career and all the other trappings of a public life. I love that they are a couple who are smart enough to have invested wisely in property across Europe to carry them beyond their initial career. I love that they have their individual interests for leisure and work. I find it heart warming that they found ‘home’ in each other and so haven’t let the logistics of work or distance keep them apart for too long. Seeing two beautiful people (inside and out) getting married after 3 years together is an inspiring sight to me when so many are cutting and running before the true work of a relationship begins. It says they are not just currently happy together but intend to stay together long term. That inspires me not to give up hope.

Last edited:
They are two inspirational individuals (personal life and career wise) who are now a couple, hence I used the term inspirational couple. I love the way they have remained true to themselves in an industry that begs for anything but. I find it inspirational that they have been able to strengthen a relationship to the point of marriage, having to work through and around such an unconventional career and all the other trappings of a public life. I love that they are a couple who are smart enough to have invested wisely in property across Europe to carry them beyond the their initial career. I love they have their individual interests for leisure and work. I find it heart warming that they found ‘home’ in each other and so haven’t let logistics of work or distance keep them apart for too long. Seeing two beautiful people (inside and out) getting married after 3 years together is an inspiring sight to me when so many are cutting and running before the true work of a relationship begins. It says they are not just currently happy together but intend to stay together long term. That inspires me not to give up hope.
Very well stated. :tup:

Reactions: Just Askin
There are many, many couples out there trying to make it work. I don’t think it’s easy for anyone, whether you’re a celebrity or not. So I do give credit to all those who have found something they cherish, and want to hold on to, including Michael and Alicia.

Reactions: NovemberWind
But she admires Michael (and Alicia) so that’s the difference.

I admire Zachary Quinto and his boyfriend Miles McMillan, but I wouldn’t say their relationship inspires me. And I certainly admire Michael, but I don’t think any of his relationships have inspired me. It’s just something I don’t think would happen for me. I’m happy when people I admire are happy, but I’m don’t aspire towards what they have.

That being said, often times it feels that there is not much in this world to be inspired by, so if you find something then that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: NovemberWind