Travel Miami: the Plaza on Brickell

Ipek

Aug 21, 2006
Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in October and we are going on honeymoon to Florida. We will spend one week in Miami. I'm soooo exited about this! :yahoo:

We will either stay in a hotel in South Beach (not an expensive one, if that's possible!!) or we will rent a flat owned by an acquaintance. The flat is in "the Plaza on Brickell" (http://www.theplazaonbrickell.com/). Cost: $ 1000 per week. I've checked hotel prices in SoBe and "cheap" ones are around the same price for 7 nights.

I am really concerned about the location… Has anyone heard of the Plaza on Brickell? Would it be nice to stay there or should we rather stay in South Beach?

What would you recommend?

It's just a condo building. And it's downtown, so you'll be spending $15 each way to take a taxi to and from south beach.
There's not a lot going on downtown, stay in south beach so you can walk to shops, restarants, the beach.
Of course I know that price is a factor, and if you're newlyweds you might be spending a lot of time indoors:graucho:. But you won't be able to get room service or any of those kinds of ammentities at the plaza on Brickell.
Try the prices on the National, the Raleigh, (beautiful art deco hotels on the beach that should be ok pricewise- the Raeligh will be more); then I would suggesst the Mondrian and the Standard- they are not on the beach but would be good honeymoon hotels.
Congrats!

im with miamialli to a certain extent. Who needs room service, when you have a ton of restaurants with better food and probably cheaper prices!

but brickell has a great scene and not too party crazy like South Beach does.
I actually enjoy spending time in brickell sometimes a lot more than SoBe, its a very different environment. Brickell has a much more sophisticated style i'd say. SoBe is just beautiful people, beautiful bodies, and beautiful cars... sounds great, but not 7 days worth in my opinion.

as for getting around..... since you guys will be in town for a while, just get a cheap rental at hertz. a kia, toyota, or chevy since you guys are on a budget.

FOR A MORE DETAILED RECOMMENDATION, JUMP OVER HERE...

someone posted a similar question and has several answers and suggestions!