MFF Penelope Shopper in Tatersall

srpturtle

Jul 29, 2010
Has anyone seen this bag? I am just wondering what your opinions are of it! I am a very strictly leather Coach lover, and despise any kind of signature fabric on bags, lol. I'm also not a fan of MFF styles. Anyway, I saw this bag at the outlet last weekend and can't stop thinking about it. I just thought it was adorable! Just wondering if any of you have it and what you think?

i have seen it at my outlets, and while it IS cute i personally would not choose it because i figure i'd be too worried about getting it dirty. that kind of fabric tends to look dirtier than it really is even if just a little smudge gets on it. and especially if you usually strictly love only leather, then i'd say it's a no for you.

I saw this bag at the outlet and thought it was ugly. Sorry, just my opinion. I also did not like the fabric. It looks like it fuzzes very easily.

I saw this bag at the outlet and thought it was ugly. Sorry, just my opinion. I also did not like the fabric. It looks like it fuzzes very easily.

Well everyone certainly has their own opinion :biggrin: I thing signature bags are ugly which is why I prefer leather. Anyway, the bag is made of wool, so it could fuzz easily. Good point.

I love touching texture. I'm sure if I got the bag, I would "feeling it" all day long. HAHAHA.

I purchase the MFF Tattersall scarf last month and I have been eyeing on anything tattersall lately. It's just so cute!

I think it would take a certain type of personality to pull this purse off. I know that I couldn't.
It has to do with the inherent mood clash between the patent leather and the lighter cheerful colors. It just seems very preppy... Not so much in an "Old Money" sort of way but more of a ... eh... "Looking th Part" manner.

That said, I do find it VERY cute and I don't think the fabric would be that big of an issue ordinarily but since MFF have been known to be lower quality, I guess that pilling wool might be some cause for concern. I haaaaaaaaaaaaate pills. My tiny OCD streak kicks in when I see wool pills and I can't carry a bag, wear a weather or have a blanket with pills. I have donated sweaters from Free People after wearing them twice because pills just drive me nuts. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about that when I purchased a rose/camel herringbone tweed handbag off eBay earlier this week. hehee oops.
I guess that goes to show, love of a color/pattern trumps nearly all when it comes to which bag you get. ;)