***mews***discontinued?

Another bag ?
Yes I'm in your situation too in denial and can't accept they discontinue SL while I can get it in 2 months . Sad sadddd

Yes, it was a seasonal bag, only available for three months.

I am so sorry this happen to you too[emoji17]
How long has it been discontinued? Have you tried calling customer service to check availability in a boutique? Also, don't know if you are into purchasing pre-loved, but you may be able to find one preloved...

There are some new items being released next month as well, maybe something will catch your eye[emoji2]

Hi,

I am or should I say WAS planning to purchase the Mews? However, it is sold out online in US, and apparently completely sold out in boutiques as well. Is this bag discontinued already??? Was it considered limited edition?

It is Louis Vuitton's policy to release new bags for a limited time only. My SA confirmed that this is an effort to ***** counterfeiters and boost sales by having new items every months. So it is not a limited edition per se, but part of the newer trend to release and discontinue bags often (other than the classics of course!).

It is Louis Vuitton's policy to release new bags for a limited time only. My SA confirmed that this is an effort to ***** counterfeiters and boost sales by having new items every months. So it is not a limited edition per se, but part of the newer trend to release and discontinue bags often (other than the classics of course!).

Interesting

Yeah...you might want to reserve it, if possible. Check into that. Not really sure how it works, as bags I've wanted previously were always in stock, and not limited. There are some nice Azur bags coming...that backpack and crossbody are really cute! Hope you are able to secure the one you are after.[emoji2]
Wish I could but I'm on strict no buy until June. I purchased 2 bags in November. 1was planned, 1 on impulse. Not to mention several SLGs since then. Now I have to be a good girl until June.

Do you ladies think the Totally in DE will be around for a while longer? I'm not sure when it was released or if it's considered a classic. I need time to save for it and hope it doesn't disappear!

Yes, it was a seasonal bag, only available for three months.

I am so sorry this happen to you too[emoji17]
How long has it been discontinued? Have you tried calling customer service to check availability in a boutique? Also, don't know if you are into purchasing pre-loved, but you may be able to find one preloved...

There are some new items being released next month as well, maybe something will catch your eye[emoji2]

I didn't check with my local store because temporarily I can't it now ... Not until next 2 months haha so yeah if I ask my local store it's surely breaks my heart badly [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Maybe will looking for preloved .
And hoping something new will captured our hearts.

Thank you for your advice [emoji8]
And I hope u find yours too

Do you ladies think the Totally in DE will be around for a while longer? I'm not sure when it was released or if it's considered a classic. I need time to save for it and hope it doesn't disappear!

Definitely not a classic. But I don't think that bag will go anywhere right now. I believe this is going to be for new releases. As I said in another thread there are a couple of DE bags coming out in April that were not in the look book. These are the bags I suspect will be for a limited time.

From what I understand in speaking with my SA pictures from the look book are being posted on social media which gives the edge to counterfeiting. You can literally buy a knock off before the actual bag releases in some cases. Which is why these bags will start to appear like the Mews without notice to anyone.

Ohhh wow! I see...[emoji54]
Not sure if that's the answer or not...counterfeiters are going to do what they do regardless, sadly. They counterfeit almost, if not ALL high-end luxury brands. As for boosting sales, LV makes/have made tons of money...been around forever. Idk, but whatevs...

Thanks, for sharing this information! Good to know...[emoji4]

Just out of curiosity, in your opinion, what are the pros and cons of having a discontinued bag? I guess pro would be that they aren't as common.

On second thought--another con would be LV losing money!
Considering the popularity, and really not just that...often times bags grow on people. Also, not every potential customer are on forums, social media, YT, etc...they may see someone in public with the bag, want it, inquire, and due to discontinue...there goes more money.

I'm guessing LV is trying to make their bags more elusive or something.[emoji19]

I didn't check with my local store because temporarily I can't it now ... Not until next 2 months haha so yeah if I ask my local store it's surely breaks my heart badly [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Maybe will looking for preloved .
And hoping something new will captured our hearts.

Thank you for your advice [emoji8]
And I hope u find yours too

Okay, I completely understand.
Yeah, if it's something you must have, look into it...never know, might come across mint condition. Also, you are able to have authenticated here, which is great.
Yes, I hope so too[emoji5]️
Oh you're very welcome![emoji8]

Awww thank you! Yes, I hope so too[emoji5]️ XO