Metallic reissues - does the metallic rub off?

lovensparkle

@timelessluxuries
O.G.
Mar 25, 2006
I'm eyeing on a dark silver 227 reissue and have a chance to purchase one through a reseller. I'm just wondering how well does the metallic hold up on these bags with regular use? I've owned a couple of metallic Balenciaga's and all of them showed rubbing off on handles and corners after a while. TIA! :heart:

Hi there! :smile: I actually have two metallic Balenciagas (orange and fuschia), and I agree about the wear (even though I'm anal)... it's annoying! :sad: I actually have the Chanel dark silver reissue 266, and haven't carried it tons, but I do think the metallic should be fine, since it's a distressed calfskin, and more resilient to normal wear and tear than metallic lambskin or goatskin. :smile: Plus, it's so gorgeous..., I hope you get it!

-Minal

Just FYI, Chanel has reordered the dark silver and light silver reissues in both 226 and 227. You might want to call and get on a list somewhere. You can call Brendan at Chanel on 57th street 212-355-5050.

I don't know about the reissues, but I do know that there was a lot of trouble with the luxury line. I own a flap from that line. I store the chain inside the bag. And, truthfully, I don't carry it a lot.

I haven't had any problems with my dark silver reissue but I really don't wear it as an everyday bag. I love that bag though!! Haven't had any problems with my baby cabas in bronze either.

I haven't had any problems with my dark silver reissue but I really don't wear it as an everyday bag. I love that bag though!! Haven't had any problems with my baby cabas in bronze either.

Lainey, I am contemplating the reissue in dark or light silver. Could you possibly describe the differences in the 2 colours (have not seen them up close in person). TIA.

I had a talk with a SA about the metallic colored bags ... she had mentioned that she would never buy one since the metallic finish will eventually rub off from wear 'n' tear. I personally don't have a metallic colored bag but I always seem to remember what she said everytime I see one.:yes:

Oh, I forgot I do have a metallic paddington clutch but I haven't used it enough to see any rubbing;)

Lainey, I am contemplating the reissue in dark or light silver. Could you possibly describe the differences in the 2 colours (have not seen them up close in person). TIA.

The dark silver is not really silver at all. It is more like a bronze color but not copper. Has some gold and rose undertones. Gorgeous in person!!

The light silver is a true silver IMO. I think Mon described it as the color of aluminum foil in another thread. Like a sterling silver color. It's pretty but too blingy for me.

Pics from Chanel reference thread and from Clanalois. Hope that helps you! :yes:

Attachments

• Chanel dark silver reissue.jpg
    Chanel dark silver reissue.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 255
  • Light%20Silver%20Reissue.jpg
    Light%20Silver%20Reissue.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 245
I have the 225 reissue in dark silver coming to me next week. And also am wondering of the same issue. I actually didn't like the dark silver for fear of the metallic rubbing off. but the color was too gorgeous to pass on.

Mon, do you know if the 226 and 227 reissues will be at a new higher price?