Metalic Leather Bags, any feedback or advice?

Jan 10, 2006
BR is probably Banana Republic. I don't think a quality metallic leather bag is that difficult to care for. I'd pick it over suede any day....

If you were to get a hand bag rather than a shoulder bag, that alone decreases the friction element that causes the "wearing" off... You could always buy your bag from a store with a good return policy like Nordstrom. If you have problems with the bag within a reasonable period of time, they're likely to take it back or send it out for repairs.

Grace

Jan 21, 2006
Hi wickedassin

Thanks for your details on your earlier post. I really appreciate your sharing very much. At least now I have an idea of what to expect. I'll look around and decide later.

If it is Banana Republic, it's opening her first store here in a few months.

I prefer handbags and I usually choose one that has longer straps should I need to sling it over my shoulder to free my hands for something.

Thanks again!
best regards
Grace

mahbag!

is on a bag hiatus
Feb 3, 2006
Red Dirt, USA
Hey, I recently bought the Coach Chelsea metallic demi bag in silver metallic and so far it's holding up very well. And it's surprisingly versatile!

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
United States
Suede bags are a nightmare! I have stopped buying suede entirely after my beautiful winter white fringe hobo from Coach turned grey and they told me that it probably cannot be cleaned. However, I have a muted metallic gold Hogan Scout that has not had ANY wear issues...it is as gorgeous as the day I received it. It is a luggage tan with a gold cast, so not a glaring metallic...more of a timeless metallic. I will try to post a picture...

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
i have a pewter balenciaga and the metallic has worn slightly where the whipstitching rubs against the handles, but i knew this would happen, so i actually like it. it makes the bag mine. and i also love metallics as long as they're darker and not too glaringly shiny.

Inky Paws

Oct 19, 2005
Grace said:
excuse my ignorance; what is BR?
Banana Republic. I had never been in a store before but after several people commenting on how great the leather is on their purses I made my first trip in there and came out with a purse! I love it as it holds all of my stuff and is so comfortable on my shoulder! You out to check them out for a very affordable bag!

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
United States
I stopped in at Banana Republic a week ago and, as someone who buys only REALLY nice bags, I have to say their bags are great. The leather seemed quite nice, and the new styles look good. The big bags are nice and roomy, and they had a smaller satchel as well. For the money, they seem like a great buy.

Inky Paws

Oct 19, 2005
ETenebris said:
I stopped in at Banana Republic a week ago and, as someone who buys only REALLY nice bags, I have to say their bags are great. The leather seemed quite nice, and the new styles look good. The big bags are nice and roomy, and they had a smaller satchel as well. For the money, they seem like a great buy.
Their bags are great! I just bought one last week and couldn't switch out of my paddy fast enough into it. For a virtually no name brand, they are awesome. I love the shape size and fit of my BR bag, it is in fact my favorite bag and my cheapest! Go figure!