Metalic Leather Bags, any feedback or advice?

BR is probably Banana Republic. I don't think a quality metallic leather bag is that difficult to care for. I'd pick it over suede any day....

If you were to get a hand bag rather than a shoulder bag, that alone decreases the friction element that causes the "wearing" off... You could always buy your bag from a store with a good return policy like Nordstrom. If you have problems with the bag within a reasonable period of time, they're likely to take it back or send it out for repairs.

Hi wickedassin

Thanks for your details on your earlier post. I really appreciate your sharing very much. At least now I have an idea of what to expect. I'll look around and decide later.

If it is Banana Republic, it's opening her first store here in a few months.

I prefer handbags and I usually choose one that has longer straps should I need to sling it over my shoulder to free my hands for something.

Thanks again!
best regards
Grace

Suede bags are a nightmare! I have stopped buying suede entirely after my beautiful winter white fringe hobo from Coach turned grey and they told me that it probably cannot be cleaned. However, I have a muted metallic gold Hogan Scout that has not had ANY wear issues...it is as gorgeous as the day I received it. It is a luggage tan with a gold cast, so not a glaring metallic...more of a timeless metallic. I will try to post a picture...

Hogan%20Scout%20Fall%201.jpg

i have a pewter balenciaga and the metallic has worn slightly where the whipstitching rubs against the handles, but i knew this would happen, so i actually like it. it makes the bag mine. and i also love metallics as long as they're darker and not too glaringly shiny.

Grace said:
excuse my ignorance; what is BR?

Banana Republic. I had never been in a store before but after several people commenting on how great the leather is on their purses I made my first trip in there and came out with a purse! I love it as it holds all of my stuff and is so comfortable on my shoulder! You out to check them out for a very affordable bag!

I stopped in at Banana Republic a week ago and, as someone who buys only REALLY nice bags, I have to say their bags are great. The leather seemed quite nice, and the new styles look good. The big bags are nice and roomy, and they had a smaller satchel as well. For the money, they seem like a great buy.

ETenebris said:
I stopped in at Banana Republic a week ago and, as someone who buys only REALLY nice bags, I have to say their bags are great. The leather seemed quite nice, and the new styles look good. The big bags are nice and roomy, and they had a smaller satchel as well. For the money, they seem like a great buy.

Their bags are great! I just bought one last week and couldn't switch out of my paddy fast enough into it. For a virtually no name brand, they are awesome. I love the shape size and fit of my BR bag, it is in fact my favorite bag and my cheapest! Go figure!