Mercer in antique rose

Antique Rose is a pretty color but there has been a big debate on the MK forum about the Mercer being made of bonded leather & whether bonded leather is 100% leather or leather mulch bonded to a plastic base & embossed to look like a sheet of pebble leather. I have seen the Mercer IRL & don't like how it feels. This is just my opinion but while I love the new fall colors, I'm going to pass on the Mercer & any style made of bonded leather. I'm sure any of the ladies who have a bag in Antique Rose will be happy to post pics of their bags. If there's any way you can see one IRL, I recommend it so you can feel & touch it.

Antique Rose is a pretty color but there has been a big debate on the MK forum about the Mercer being made of bonded leather & whether bonded leather is 100% leather or leather mulch bonded to a plastic base & embossed to look like a sheet of pebble leather. I have seen the Mercer IRL & don't like how it feels. This is just my opinion but while I love the new fall colors, I'm going to pass on the Mercer & any style made of bonded leather. I'm sure any of the ladies who have a bag in Antique Rose will be happy to post pics of their bags. If there's any way you can see one IRL, I recommend it so you can feel & touch it.

They have other bags in this color ?

Yeah I am not a fan of the Mercer. Belk.com has Selma in Antique Rose for a great price. I don't think Mercer is a great representative of the MK brand personally. Feels almost like pleather

Reactions: cdtracing
Doesn’t sound too encouraging:
Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a manufactured upholstery material which contains animal hide. It is made as a layered structure of a fiber or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather, and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture. Related products, bicast leather or coated leather, are made by splitting, shaving, or grinding leather to reduce its thickness, and then laminating it.”

Good thing you mentioned it, it made me search for the term. I think I’ll stay away of it. But I must admit: it looks yummy in the pics!