Men's watches $3k budget

Nomos without a doubt, it was recommended as the #1 watch brand under 10 000$ by some of the best watchmakers in the industry.

Here is the article: http://revo-online.com/budget-recommendations-from-watchmaking-grandmasters/

A quartz/manual wind Grand Seiko might also be a good choice but they might bit a bit over your budget.

If you are interested in a slighty used watch, you should look into the Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso!

I love Maurice Lacroix in this price range. They make very sleek designs with their own character, have their own mechanisms and give you choice from a variety of price tags, starting with simple elegant quartz watches to high-end automatics winning Red Dot design awards every year, etc.
This winter we bought my DH a very nice watch piece from ML, we both just love it.

ML are sold by authorized distributors and they all have the same prices according to the official catalogue. There might be some other stores, but I don't think it's a good idea when it comes to buying a watch.

I like Bell & Ross at that price point. Clean and masculine. He should also check out the a Timezone.com forum. Lots of great recommendations for other non-diver models.