Men's Wallets: Canvas vs. Leather

I'm interested in purchasing a Louis Vuitton Slender Wallet. I was wondering which was more durable, canvas or leather (for leather, I've read that Epi Leather is durable).
I have owned both over the years. I find Canvas to last longer and easier to clean. I often have my wallet in my back pocket these days. If you are more likely to use your wallet in a bag, both will last you for many, many years.

Reactions: bccgal and p3b
Both are durable. Epi leather is extremely durable but it will scratch over time, stretch and show card imprints on the outside of the wallet if you wear it in your back pocket. Canvas doesn’t stretch, but has a tendency to crack. Canvas also develops a sheen as it ages and gets harder to the touch, while leather becomes softer. Personally, I prefer Epi over canvas. It’s up to you; 2 different looks and 2 different types of wear. Canvas is louder, Epi is refined/elegant and more understated. My advice: go to the boutique and purchase what you like best as sometimes things look and feel different in person.