Men in Knee-high-boots ?????

Talking about other people's reactions ... xxx a friend of mine describes some interesting experiences with his boots ,,,,

I read your blog, indeed very interesting experiences. I have those myselve too. I do since two months now wear overknee boots - although as I am very, very happy with them, immediately as a daily standard too (the Sendra cowboy boots I bought in Germany mid novenmber, or the even highher and because of the big cuffs and big four shining buckles more eye-catching Jean Gaborit pirateboots, made after a unique deseign for me in Paris that arrived at the last day of december) - so people still have to get adjusted to that fact.

But since a lot of years I mostly wear a cowboyhood, and I am motsly recognized and rembered by that. When there in Oktober was a big party at the Amsterdam Rijksmuseum, everhybody knew who I was because of my hat, and people because of my hat swa that I was there already from far away and came to me to shake hands. So I suppose that within a few months, I will not only be 'the guy with the hat', but 'the guy with the hat and the high boots'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the sendra boots, cowboyboots made in Spain. They offer several overknee models special made for men that are elegant and very masculine at the same time.

Yes, I know Sendra, it is one of the most famous brand in boots.
Due the impossibility to remember all, I wrote also the very helpful link of hotboots web site where are shown almost all the boots manufacturers worldwide, a source of many interesting informations.:smile:

Hi, here's a first pic of me wearing my great new boots at a reception in Amsterdam, I hope you like it. Its not a very good pic (and the belts and buckles at the sides aren't visible), but I hope it gives already an impression.
A Dutch tailor will make a leather-jacket in Musketeerstyle (like in the famous film) that fits to them
I already ordered at an internetshop a Musketeerhat, which will arrive in a few days.
Still wearing them nearly everyday, my environment now meanwhile is getting used to the fact hat I 'of course' wear 'always' real pirateboots with big silver buckles (or my overknee-cowboyboots).
I still earn regularly positive comments from people who see me with them for the first time, and already had two women and two men who asked me for permission to touch the big cuffs!

Attachments

• In Pirateboots3.jpg
    In Pirateboots3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,097
Hi, here's a first pic of me wearing my great new boots at a reception in Amsterdam, I hope you like it. Its not a very good pic (and the belts and buckles at the sides aren't visible), but I hope it gives already an impression.
A Dutch tailor will make a leather-jacket in Musketeerstyle (like in the famous film) that fits to them
I already ordered at an internetshop a Musketeerhat, which will arrive in a few days.
Still wearing them nearly everyday, my environment now meanwhile is getting used to the fact hat I 'of course' wear 'always' real pirateboots with big silver buckles (or my overknee-cowboyboots).
I still earn regularly positive comments from people who see me with them for the first time, and already had two women and two men who asked me for permission to touch the big cuffs!

Hi Pirateboots, very nice boots, despite the not very good pic, and very cool post. Some days ago I wore my new overknee boots outside, driving and stopping in motorway gas station and then eating a fast meal, nobody seemed to care and I was very happy to wear them in public. I did not get any comments, just some glances. But it is still to early to wear everyday. Other day, I wore my biker style boots to knee over the jeans and also in a supermarket, but really it was absolutely natural, nobody looked at me differently, and I got more confidence!

Hi Pirateboots, very nice boots, despite the not very good pic, and very cool post. Some days ago I wore my new overknee boots outside, driving and stopping in motorway gas station and then eating a fast meal, nobody seemed to care and I was very happy to wear them in public. I did not get any comments, just some glances. But it is still to early to wear everyday. Other day, I wore my biker style boots to knee over the jeans and also in a supermarket, but really it was absolutely natural, nobody looked at me differently, and I got more confidence!
Hi Alex, go ahead! I understand your hesitations very well, as I also had them at the start. But I survived it and you will too. Gor centuries the most masculine men have worn overkneweboots as something absolutely normal and natural. Only by wearing overknee-boots as a man everyday we can make it normal and absolutely natural for a man to wear overknee-boots everyday again, without the necessity to have a special functional 'reason' for it.

Just wear them and you too will become the guy that 'of course' always wears overkneeboots! And I meanwhile have some right to say so (smile)