Melrose Degrade Flap

Apr 11, 2008
What do you all think of this bag? I am NOT thinking of buying the ebay one, just for illustration. Neiman has it in the Chanel boutique, (for less, in fact). I like it because I have been looking for an hombre leather bag, and this fits the bill, except it is vinyl...what do you all think of that?

I'm not sure how I feel about that much for vinyl, even if it is chanel? Is this a turn off for any of you, or are you ambivalent as long as you like the bag?

Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-AUTH-CHANEL...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just bought the medium Melrose Flap as my first Chanel (although it was closely followed by a caviar one). I have to say, I love it. It's a little bit edgy and trendy but I like the contrast between that and the classic Chanel flap shape. Since it is not as structured as a Caviar bag, I can squeeze a little more into it. As a Seattleite, I appreciate the fact that it is for all intents and purposes weatherproof and I don't have to worry about taking it on trips with me where it might get jostled around. It's about as low-maintenance as it gets!

If you're looking for a truly "timeless" Chanel, this probably isn't the one for you, but for a fun, practical bag that looks cute with a lot and will take a beating you could do a lot worse.

I love the bag and I'm thinking of getting one too. I've heard the arguments about leather vs. vinyl but I think the vinyl material definitely has some advantages. I would have already bought one but I'm still a bit worried about the fact that the bag (ombre) may go out of style soon...

I love the bag and I'm thinking of getting one too. I've heard the arguments about leather vs. vinyl but I think the vinyl material definitely has some advantages. I would have already bought one but I'm still a bit worried about the fact that the bag (ombre) may go out of style soon...

hmmm. hadn't considered that...good point.

You have to appreciate it for its own merits and not compare it to leather bags or conventional Chanel flaps. I have this bag, along with a handful of other Chanel flaps in diffferent materials and sizes. They are all outstanding in quality and each has its own inherent beauty. Regarding the price, yes it is pricey for a non leather bag, but so are Prada nylon bags and LV or Hermes canvas bags no? In the end, this bag IMO lives up to the Chanel image of stylishness and exclusivity, although it may have a fresh vibe to it.