Melinda and Bill Gates divorce after 27 years

Men are men. They talk. Whomever is telling is the jerk, imo.

Men talk with their friends. I don't get the impression Gates and Epstein were that close. He's not a stupid man. You don't get where Bill Gates has by gabbing mindlessly to whomever is around you about your personal sh*t when you know damn well it would bite you in the @ss. Never give a rival ammunition (or blackmail opportunity).

I don’t see anything out of the realm of possibility about Bill Gates opening up about his unhappiness in the presence of a ”playboy“ con man. That’s usually how they con people... by being good at spotting people’s vulnerabilities. Being successful can be very isolating, even at much lower levels. Nothing I’ve read so far about them seems far fetched or unbelievable.

If Bill spent his youth swimming naked and enjoying a wild party stage, it’s highly possible that he may have felt FOMO after not only being a married father, but being unable to live his life authentically since becoming a wealthy public figure.

Note.. I’m not excusing anything he did in his private life, just saying that I can picture BG momentarily gravitating towards a charismatic con man whose lifestyle or words made him feel alive again for a minute.

Men talk with their friends. I don't get the impression Gates and Epstein were that close. He's not a stupid man. You don't get where Bill Gates has by gabbing mindlessly to whomever is around you about your personal sh*t when you know damn well it would bite you in the @ss. Never give a rival ammunition (or blackmail opportunity).
Who is telling the story?
3 friends are talking.... a person passes by.... $hit happens.
It is not a reflection on intelligence...
Now, leaks in this story do not make sense.
In general, Epstein story is filled with a lot of noise.

Who is telling the story?
3 friends are talking.... a person passes by.... $hit happens.
It is not a reflection on intelligence...
Now, leaks in this story do not make sense.
In general, Epstein story is filled with a lot of noise.

There is too much that doesn't make sense. We'll see how it all shakes out. I don't see any rational reason why anyone would risk their own reputation by running to tell tales to a tabloid like Daily Beast. The FBI is still investigating Epstein's associations, the "source" might be someone with something to conceal. Those supposed meetings were in Epstein's townhouse, not in a restaurant or public place. There would have been an extremely limited number of people there who could be potential sources.

There is too much that doesn't make sense. We'll see how it all shakes out. I don't see any rational reason why anyone would risk their own reputation by running to tell tales to a tabloid like Daily Beast. The FBI is still investigating Epstein's associations, the "source" might be someone with something to conceal. Those supposed meetings were in Epstein's townhouse, not in a restaurant or public place. There would have been an extremely limited number of people there who could be potential sources.

I think for people like this, the potential source pool is way bigger than you might think. For example, meeting of 3 people in JE's townhouse... witnesses/people with access to meeting info could be JE's in-home staff, executive assistant, personal assistant, attorney, friends of all those people; and multiply that by the number of people in the room. Who could identify who in that pool of people is a source? If you can't, not really much risk to the source's reputation. And like with pap photos, sometimes the value of the info is way more than that person makes in a year in the case of hired help.

It isn’t just The Daily Beast. The NYTimes and Wall Street Journal have written most of this story.

This sums up stuff I didn’t know, especially about the Swedish doctor - could she be a Nobel connection? Or maybe that is what he told MG?

ETA: After the meeting, Epstein emailed friends and associates to boast, writing "Bill's great" in one email reviewed by The Times. In an email Gates sent to his own colleagues the next day, he wrote, "A very attractive Swedish woman and her daughter dropped by and I ended up staying there quite late."

Last edited:
It isn’t just The Daily Beast. The NYTimes and Wall Street Journal have written most of this story.

This sums up stuff I didn’t know, especially about the Swedish doctor - could she be a Nobel connection? Or maybe that is what he told MG?

But none of the others in the press are reporting that BG and JE were discussing the state of Gates' marriage are they? That is the story The Daily Beast was pushing in their article. I don't think anyone is disputing that the two men had meetings.

But none of the others in the press are reporting that BG and JE were discussing the state of Gates' marriage are they? That is the story The Daily Beast was pushing in their article. I don't think anyone is disputing that the two men had meetings.

Correct, the DBeast is pushing the JeffE ‘marriage talks’ story. The NYPost reported on the ‘loveless marriage’ comment to his golf buddies. Agree, some of these publications are not the most reputable. On the other hand, this kind of gossip will cost BG in this divorce. Maybe MG‘s team are the leakers. Time will tell. The sooner they sign their papers, the sooner these stories will go away. Hope they sign very soon.

Last week, the New York Post reported that Gates told his golfing buddies he was in a “loveless” marriage which “had been over for some time,” while People described Epstein as a “sore spot” in the couple’s relationship.

Hmmm, when mommy and daddy fight, the kiddies benefit :whistle:

Melinda Gates could seek to use her blockbuster divorce from Bill Gates to increase her three children's inheritance from the $10million her estranged husband publicly vowed to give each of them.

In a move divorce experts say is highly unusual, Melinda has added top trust and estate lawyers to her legal team as she and Microsoft founder Bill divide their combined $130billion in assets after 27 years of marriage.

Celebrity divorce attorneys Harriet Newman Cohen and Martha Cohen Stine explained the potential significance of the unlikely representation to Page Six on Monday - speculating that it could signal Melinda's desire to alter the inheritance for her and Bill's three kids - Jennifer, 25, Rory, 21, and Phoebe, 18.

1621289407143.jpeg
Melinda Gates could be seeking to use her blockbuster divorce from Bill Gates to increase her three children's inheritance from the $10million each her estranged husband publicly vowed to give them, experts say. Melinda is pictured with kids Jennifer, 25, Rory, 21, and Phoebe, 18
===========

ETA: one of the commenters:
Gentleman MacBeth, Nambia, Christmas Island, 16 minutes ago

Let this be a lesson to all women out there; if you marry a man who does not love you genuinely straight off the bat, no time and/or effort will make him. What you see going in is what you are going to get going in. A marriage based on conditions (continues to hook up with ex one week every year) in the hope that when the kids come he will change, will never work out and he will not change and you will never be happy. IF he loves another when you are going in, break it off and move on to one who genuinely loves you. And, as is the case here, NO amount of fame or money will ever make up for genuine love and happiness. TO support my argument above are SOME personified examples: Charles, Prince of Wales, ex-Governor and now congressman Sanford, Michael Jordan, this here Bill Gates.

Last edited:
Reactions: etudes
Hmmm, when mommy and daddy fight, the kiddies benefit :whistle:

Melinda Gates could seek to use her blockbuster divorce from Bill Gates to increase her three children's inheritance from the $10million her estranged husband publicly vowed to give each of them.

In a move divorce experts say is highly unusual, Melinda has added top trust and estate lawyers to her legal team as she and Microsoft founder Bill divide their combined $130billion in assets after 27 years of marriage.

Celebrity divorce attorneys Harriet Newman Cohen and Martha Cohen Stine explained the potential significance of the unlikely representation to Page Six on Monday - speculating that it could signal Melinda's desire to alter the inheritance for her and Bill's three kids - Jennifer, 25, Rory, 21, and Phoebe, 18.

View attachment 5086140
Melinda Gates could be seeking to use her blockbuster divorce from Bill Gates to increase her three children's inheritance from the $10million each her estranged husband publicly vowed to give them, experts say. Melinda is pictured with kids Jennifer, 25, Rory, 21, and Phoebe, 18
===========

ETA: one of the commenters:
Gentleman MacBeth, Nambia, Christmas Island, 16 minutes ago

Let this be a lesson to all women out there; if you marry a man who does not love you genuinely straight off the bat, no time and/or effort will make him. What you see going in is what you are going to get going in. A marriage based on conditions (continues to hook up with ex one week every year) in the hope that when the kids come he will change, will never work out and he will not change and you will never be happy. IF he loves another when you are going in, break it off and move on to one who genuinely loves you. And, as is the case here, NO amount of fame or money will ever make up for genuine love and happiness. TO support my argument above are SOME personified examples: Charles, Prince of Wales, ex-Governor and now congressman Sanford, Michael Jordan, this here Bill Gates.

Alright @CarryOn2020 enough gossiping, just tell us the lotto winning numbers already. You have some talent for predicting the future.

Alright @CarryOn2020 enough gossiping, just tell us the lotto winning numbers already. You have some talent for predicting the future.

LOL. The sad thing is I like the public profiles for BG & MG, so taking a side is very stressful. That said, I have read enough books, watched enough soap operas, seen enough real life drama to know the second wife almost always gets the money and the jewels. that is not disparage the second wife at all - this is on the men. So, yes, MG needs to take care of her kids and herself. BG ought to be able to live just fine with 10 million. :happydance:

ETA: `if you haven’t seen The First Wives club, it is worth watching. As Ivana says, “Don’t get mad, dahrling, get even.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bisousx and lalame