Medium Lily

Melu

Oct 13, 2012
Hey lovely ladies and lucky owners of the gorgeous medium Lily! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind...

How much would the Medium Lily fit in comparison to a Regular Alexa or Bayswater? I know those are bigger but a comparison would really help.

Is the Medium Lily likely to go on sale or will remain as a part of the core collection?

I love love love the Medium Lily in black with Nickel Hardware but I also have my Willow, Cookie Bayswater and Lily in black :sad: Should I consider Deer Brown? I'm a bit terrifyied of colour transfer/watermarks in this one though :S

Any advise on this will be very much appreciated :biggrin:

Ahhh a medium lily question! Yay! Melu I love love love my medium lily.Even though mine is faulty, I can't wait to get her replacement. It is a wonderful bag. It fits as much as my east west bays and is much more stylish and ladylike in my opinion. I want ANOTHER one as it is so easy to use. I could use it for work if I put more stuff into my longchamp tote but will stick with my bays as I don't want to use her out.
Now regarding black bags, I am a black bag fan as most of my wardrobe goes with black. So I always start with black and then move on to colour. I currently own black regular lily with soft gold hardware, black medium nickel lily, black Daria satchel, black east west bays, black bays with brass and I will still add a black/ nickel bays. After that I will stop with black until I can afford to add a chanel jumbo. So get black medium lily and aim to pick up another colour in the sale. Deer brown is beautiful though but oak bays is my most similar colour to that and it is the bag that gets the least use for my wardrobe although I love her as she was my first.
Oh and it fits just as much as my east west bays, so slightly less than bays but maybe similar to regular Alexa.

Last edited:
Thanks so much CP! You really convinced me with the colour. Just like you all my wardrobe matches with black plus is a non fuss colour. In a rainy day like this you want to have options and all I have is my black cookie bays as willow is not for rain, so I feel I need another one. Don't want to miss the black with nickel combination either! My only brown bag is my med chloe paraty in wood which I love but would match only 2 pairs of shoes so I don't use it as much.
I was thinking of maybe getting the black alexa with nickel but as I already have the SS nightshade might be worth investing in a different style, even with med lily being smaller it has the great advantage that you can use casually as an everyday bag or more dressed up for the evening :biggrin:

Hehe, glad I convinced you. Medium lily goes very easily from day to night and is much better than regular lily for that aspect. The black nickel combination is very stunning but contemporary. I think if I had black with gold I wouldn't use her much during the day. Go get it as willow and bays aren't enough for black! ;) I am such an enabler but I really do think it is a great bag an mulberry have done something very right with this style. There was a large lily but IMO it was too bulky looking/cumbersome plus the chains were attached in a different way which made it harder to double up.

Thanks so much hun. I really agree with you and considering it costs £100 more than the regular lily makes it fair in price in comparison. How much did you pay for her at Heathrow if you don't mind me asking?
What items would you put inside it?

Thanks sweety :smile:

Hehe, glad I convinced you. Medium lily goes very easily from day to night and is much better than regular lily for that aspect. The black nickel combination is very stunning but contemporary. I think if I had black with gold I wouldn't use her much during the day. Go get it as willow and bays aren't enough for black! ;) I am such an enabler but I really do think it is a great bag an mulberry have done something very right with this style. There was a large lily but IMO it was too bulky looking/cumbersome plus the chains were attached in a different way which made it harder to double up.

Oh yeah CP :smile: I have not read the forum recently because I don't have anything new to share. But I have to reply to this thread as you know how much I love medium lily. I also have black with nickle and it's great in many ways as CP has mentioned. I think it's more stucture than Alexa and a little smaller. Medium lily is more formal, lady like, while Alexa is more casual and fun, younger too. I would love to have one more medium lily in blush!!!! waiting for sale now.

Oh yeah CP :smile: I have not read the forum recently because I don't have anything new to share. But I have to reply to this thread as you know how much I love medium lily. I also have black with nickle and it's great in many ways as CP has mentioned. I think it's more stucture than Alexa and a little smaller. Medium lily is more formal, lady like, while Alexa is more casual and fun, younger too. I would love to have one more medium lily in blush!!!! waiting for sale now.

Agree with both your reviews ladies! I love my medium Lily, it is perfect for transitioning from day to evening and holds a surprising amount - I can get a small umbrella, glasses case, Kindle, long wallet, makeup pouch (with lots of makeup in it), Blackberry, two sets of keys, slim diary and a couple of smaller bits and pieces like headphones. Like littlehanoi I would love to add a medium Lily in blush during the sale :graucho:

Thanks so much hun. I really agree with you and considering it costs £100 more than the regular lily makes it fair in price in comparison. How much did you pay for her at Heathrow if you don't mind me asking?What items would you put inside it?Thanks sweety :smile:
It was £579.17 at T3. I can fit loads. I use my large VIP bag liner which I use in bays and east west so small bottle of water, small umbrella, effie coin purse instead of Daria French purse, tablets, headphones, female 'stuff', phone, keys, powder, lipstick, tissues.

I am so proud to be in the medium lily group with you ladies,OBTM and littlehanoi. It is really a great bag and I can't wait to see blush lily reveals after the summer sale. Blush is too light for me. I always tease my DH and tell him black women don't 'blush'! (not true but it isn't obvious!) so I will need to wait for AW13.

Agree with both your reviews ladies! I love my medium Lily, it is perfect for transitioning from day to evening and holds a surprising amount - I can get a small umbrella, glasses case, Kindle, long wallet, makeup pouch (with lots of makeup in it), Blackberry, two sets of keys, slim diary and a couple of smaller bits and pieces like headphones. Like littlehanoi I would love to add a medium Lily in blush during the sale :graucho:

It was £579.17 at T3. I can fit loads. I use my large VIP bag liner which I use in bays and east west so small bottle of water, small umbrella, effie coin purse instead of Daria French purse, tablets, headphones, female 'stuff', phone, keys, powder, lipstick, tissues.

Thanks so much ladies! It fits loads in, sounds pretty much like the same I can fit in my Reg Alexa so those are great news! I'm definitely going to get one, wait for my reveal sometime soon :biggrin:

Reading this thread is so enabling...I had just talked myself out of getting a medium lily in black nickel but suddenly feel that I need one again...

I think you should write down all the reasons why you SHOULD NOT get medium lily so you can remind yourself. It is a great bag but there must be a good reason why you talked yourself out of it? No?

I think you should write down all the reasons why you SHOULD NOT get medium lily so you can remind yourself. It is a great bag but there must be a good reason why you talked yourself out of it? No?

Haha, the reason is simple- so many lovely things out there and can't get it all :smile:. We moved house recently as well and now concentrationg on renovating and interior design stuff. I'm even pickier with interior than handbags (but have to get dh & kids to agree as well onthis one :weird:smile:
Its just that this Lily is so perfect, sigh. If I am get it it has to be before any price increases. Its not a bag that makes me super excited when I see it in store, but I can see myself using it for so many different occasions (and it would go so well with my goatskin bays with silver hardware) as opposed to the 'emotional' bags I have bought but then quickly moved on. I simply don't want to buy and sell quickly as you lose so much on it so really trying to think it through.
Now its just the quality issue worrying me - do you think yours was just a one off?