MCM - Modern Creation Munich, ("v")

I think they are kind of boring looking, that is the traditional brown with logos.

I would like to see it spiced up and modernized.

Hi dragonlady,

have you seen the new bags mcm made in last maybe 4 years? You could even say they're quite rock'n roll, lots of patent (indigo, yellow,...) and they started to use prints. I'm not a mcm fan, but I have to admit that with michael michalsky as creative director in 2005 they real improved and feshened up their brand.

:heart:monika

yes, the handles have cracks and has split, and the leather on the bag

has some cracks.
Assuming you don't have a MCM store near you, you can send it to MCM and have it restored.
We have a store here so I normally go to her if I miss a ribbet or something of the sort and whatever she can't do she sends to MCM to restore.
Best of all, I have yet to be charged ;)
I'm a good customer though...I have quite a bit of them.
I wish I could give you the info but I'm sure you can find with a Google search.

Sam_lcf said:
what qualities would you like the "MCM weekender" to have?
I have the shopper (see pic below) and I hate how long the straps are. I even thought of having them cut but that's kissing my warranty out the window.
DSCF1715.jpg

(Old a$$ pic! God knows how many years ago this was...maybe 6-7)
Untitled-5.jpg

I also have this weekender and THIS one I love...it comes with two different straps, short (attached in that pic) and longer. The only problem is that the strap has a wide "leather" part on top as to not hurt your shoulders and the darn thing keeps slipping off my shoulders...LOL.
(See ic below)
47b4ce37b3127cce905f25728bd10000001.jpg

MCM_Hobo.jpg

Oh...btw...MCM's coated canvas is not waterproof but rather water resistant....same as LV's coated canvas I guess.

Reactions: fendifemale
I remember them from the 70s I think it was, but was never into them. I used to spend my summers in Europe annually which is where I'd see them. I don't even know where they're sold here in the States. I haven't seen them here in L.A. in forever.

Raise your hand if you OWN or wish to own one. I'd luv to hear your thoughts of longevity, style and how you rock your MCM.

I added a beautiful black MCM (even though I swore to never buy another black bag) to my collection :yahoo:. If anyone is interested I will post details and pictures. MCM is a German line and craftmanship is impeccable. So glad I bought this over a LV. I hope to buy one in the classic logo. Check out the site, mcmworldwide.com.