MbyMJ sets off store alarm >>

Jan 4, 2006
Hi, so I have the MbyMJ Dr. Q fraser bag and i was recently in a store with my sister and while we were leaving the security alarm by the exit started beeping so we took our merchandise back to the cashier and he had left a sensor on a pair of jeans.. when we were leaving again the alarm went off again but there weren't any sensors.. we kept checking and since we didnt find anything we just left.

A few days later, I walked into another store w my cousin and as soon as we walked in, the security system started beeping again and I was only carrying my purse. I explained to the owner that the same thing happened a few days ago and that my bag might be the problem.

I don't understand how my bag can set off a stores alarm... i have been so nervous that i haven't carried my bag for the past few weeks because it is embarrassing to explain myself...

has this happened to anyone else before?? what should i do?

Obviously you should check every nook and cranny of your bag for any kind of sensor but apart from that I wouldn't worry about it. This happens to me from time to time. Sure, it's annoying but I don't make a big deal about it and so far (knock on wood) no store has made a big fuss over it. I usually glance at an employee and just shrug. I think that the sensors are getting more and more sensitive and that the employees know it.

I hope it's not too inconvenient for you!

it might actually be something INSIDE of your bag
I used to have a work ID that would set off store alarms
I'd stop in Borders on my lunch hour and the alarm would ALWAYS go off
I've also heard that some people's cell phones can set off store alarms

hahaha id be so embarrassed too! but there still might be something inside your bag if you bought it at a dept. store like one of those strip metal stickers?

Def check inside the bag for any kind of sticker, like the black plastic stickers they use at Century 21 and other stores like that. I have found those stickers in my shirts, my pants, my bags, even my son's clothing. They are hard to find because they're black but take a look, you might find one stuck in the interior pocket!

Check and see if you have any items that you may recently purchased. My friend was setting off the alarm in Borders and it ended up being the travel size hand lotion she had bought at the drugstore the previous day.