MBMJ Black Huge Hillier Hobo shiny or brushed hardware?

Hmmm don't really think one is dressier than the other. If you don't mind either... then I guess it's a hard decision. I would probably get brushed over shiny hardware on the same bag if I had a choice (Can't give a reason why though ;p). Although I have plenty "shiny" hardware on other bags.

I don't think one is more dressy than the other, the shape of the Hillier screams "casual" to me, so the hardware isn't really a deciding factor for me. I'm also one of those people who will mix gold, silver, gunmetal, hardware without a care. I don't think that one type of hardware is more formal and one is more casual. Personally, I would go for the type of hardware you like the best.

I personally love both. :yes: It's so much better than the silver or the antique brass.

And you know first hand!! :nuts:

I never saw the antique brass...what is the difference between that and the new brushed? The name plate on the brushed is darkened around the words to make it look antiqued...at least that is how it looks to me...?

I have a gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff Nikki with shiny hardware, also with thick pebbled leather...so as of this minute, I am veering towards the brushed for the Hillier. :thinking:

Hmmm don't really think one is dressier than the other. If you don't mind either... then I guess it's a hard decision. I would probably get brushed over shiny hardware on the same bag if I had a choice (Can't give a reason why though ;p). Although I have plenty "shiny" hardware on other bags.

I think the intricate wording on the name plate shows up better on the brushed...

I don't think one is more dressy than the other, the shape of the Hillier screams "casual" to me, so the hardware isn't really a deciding factor for me. I'm also one of those people who will mix gold, silver, gunmetal, hardware without a care. I don't think that one type of hardware is more formal and one is more casual. Personally, I would go for the type of hardware you like the best.

Good, practical advice. :biggrin: I too mix metals....although I do wear white gold/platinum jewelry, I do not care for silver toned hardware on my bags.

I would love to get a nice two-toned watch....:amuse:

i like both actually, i have the new one in faded aluminum, so it looks nice. but i don't know about the black, i haven't seen it in real life. given that, i might lean towards the shiny one, as i think shiny hw stands out.

btw, this is off topic ,but girls who have the hillier, do you notice the nameplate on the front is like leaning a little? like not parallel... is it me or?

I love the shiny hardware the best on MBMJ bags. It screams bling. For myself I use hardware on a bag as an accessory when I'm going out. The hardware doesn't necessarily need to match with my jewelry, it just needs to stand out.

I also agree with shop2drop1, go for the hardware that you prefer.