*^*—May/June—*^* Show us your new babies IN!

I was so excited about receiving my 2012 Mangue Day today that I may have been speeding a little on my way home from work! But upon opening the package, and inspecting the bag, I immediately noticed a cigarette smell. It was not disclosed in the auction, and I can not stand cigarette smell! It makes me :sick::yucky:
I'll be contacting seller, who has been very nice so far, so will see. I am so disappointed because otherwise the bag is beautiful View attachment 4112207

This color is gorgeous. What a bummer about the cigarette smell — that is terrible. I hope you can return it for a full refund.

I was so excited about receiving my 2012 Mangue Day today that I may have been speeding a little on my way home from work! But upon opening the package, and inspecting the bag, I immediately noticed a cigarette smell. It was not disclosed in the auction, and I can not stand cigarette smell! It makes me :sick::yucky:
I'll be contacting seller, who has been very nice so far, so will see. I am so disappointed because otherwise the bag is beautiful View attachment 4112207
@dolali can you post a pic of the back and front of the interior tag? This doesn't look like 2012 leather or hardware to me, wondering if it may be earlier.

My second Bal bag classic city in Bleu Lazuli.
My first bal is a ME in beige latte which I absolutely love.
I love the blue but leather not as thick and the strap is long, so would get mote holes added to shorten it. But nowI 20180625_202929.jpg 20180625_202929.jpg 20180625_191424.jpg have seen the ME in Gris Acier I think it is and can't decide whether to keep the blue city or exchange for the grey ME.
What do you ladies think?

Beautiful yellow colour but a shame about the smell. Aren't there some magic tPF tricks to try to get rid of the smell? Baking soda?

Thank you! I have heard of baking soda. Not sure how effective would be, but I guess I can try.

That's beautiful...I'm trying to get smoke out of one of my bags too. @aalinne_72 has said that Lovin My Bags "Perfect Gel" has rid a bag of hers of smoke smell. That bag's too pretty not to try...she said you have to be generous with it but it worked for her!
EDIT: Found the product on Amazon but not LMB website, however they have something called Odor Out Bag Candies that are specifically for cigarette smoke...has anyone tried them?

Thanks for the tip! I may be willing to try the Odor Out Bag Candies! And the gel! And Baking soda! everything and anything!

This color is gorgeous. What a bummer about the cigarette smell — that is terrible. I hope you can return it for a full refund.

Thank you lamminda! I guess I could return it, although seller responded with tips on how to get rid of smell, and told me "just google it, there are 1000 ways to do it". She also told me she lost money selling it... well, that its certainly not my fault! She is the one who sent me an offer after I asked a question about the leather. *sigh* I'll sleep on it because it is pretty and the leather does look very thick and "silky".

Last edited:
Seller said HW was giant 12, but I think it is giant 21. I hope my bag is ok :confused1: :shocked:View attachment 4112331 View attachment 4112332
The tag indicates F/W 2012 which would be G12. Just to be on the safe side would you mind posting the pics needed on the AT thread? (These two plus the back of the zipper head and the rivet). Since it's a K tag it would be nice to have more eyes on it, there were apparently a lot of good fakes that season.

The tag indicates F/W 2012 which would be G12. Just to be on the safe side would you mind posting the pics needed on the AT thread? (These two plus the back of the zipper head and the rivet). Since it's a K tag it would be nice to have more eyes on it, there were apparently a lot of good fakes that season.

yes, can I post the auction, even though it has closed? Otherwise I can take more pictures tomorrow.

I remember Conni also mentioned one before which she said very good!!! Can't remember the name now :doh::doh:

That's beautiful...I'm trying to get smoke out of one of my bags too. @aalinne_72 has said that Lovin My Bags "Perfect Gel" has rid a bag of hers of smoke smell. That bag's too pretty not to try...she said you have to be generous with it but it worked for her!
EDIT: Found the product on Amazon but not LMB website, however they have something called Odor Out Bag Candies that are specifically for cigarette smoke...has anyone tried them?

I remember Conni also mentioned one before which she said very good!!! Can't remember the name now :doh::doh:
I think it also depends on whether the smell is on the leather or the interior. The LMB product is for the leather although the bag candy ones are for the interior, I'll have to get those and give them a try! I remember reading on the Bal jacket thread that someone sprayed their jacket with a 50/50 spray of water and vinegar and it helped.

IMG_2809.jpgIMG_2842.jpg Purchased this preloved Speedy b30- and was able to get the water stain off, however- there is a distinct smell to the inside of the bag. It’s not a perfume or smoke smell but rather a strong odor of food. I left dryer sheets in it overnight and will see if that helps. I also purchased FreshWave from Target and have 2 of the small bags inside- any other tips?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum