MAY/JUNE ~ Let's see those pretties!

Vert fonce Clous arrived. As I suspected, it weighs a ton. Even more than I’d imagined. Even more than the Lunes I’ve bought and sold for being too heavy. But it’s off the charts in coolness factor.

This is the same color as @haisley’s though I don’t know if hers has the mini studs on the pockets. Lucky me for the additional weight!

It’s roomier than I thought. In the mod shot, I have my laptop and daily stuff in it and they all fit with ease. Though I do feel like I’m being jackhammered into the ground. It’s that heavy. But I love it and it’s a keeper. Carrying it will build character, damn it!

View attachment 6002792View attachment 6002793
Such a bad a$$ tote & color! My Clous is the same VF color, however, yours is the souped-up “studded” version with all the bells and whistles (has a long strap, horizontal exterior pocket, studded front pockets, flap strap on top). Curious how much yours ends up weighing. Busted out the scale for my puny base model and it comes in at just over 2 pounds with the mirror inside.

IMG_2162.jpeg
So I thought I was done with purple… grape violet and my pride and joy dark violet … but NO this one had to appear as the new HG ! It is so amazing. @yuzulife has a WE @Antonia has the First and now this 🥰
You found that HG Bordeaux WE you were after and I’m hoping an Eggplant pops up for you soon too! :hugs:

Here’s the color comparison based on the colors you mentioned + one more. From the Top: ‘04 Eggplant, ‘12 Dark Violet, ‘07 Grape/Violet, ‘11 LE Metallic Neiman Marcus Purple

IMG_2177.jpeg

My first major disappointment. Yay?
Plomb keeps eluding me. Sigh. This one turned out to be a plain old, "boring", washed out 07 black swamp thing after all...:blah:
Not ugly or anything, just absolutely not what I wanted. Meh.
View attachment 6002853View attachment 6002854
The leather does look fantastic. I also have a soft spot in my heart for all the black swampy things.

swamp thing thumbs up GIF

Such a bad a$$ tote & color! My Clous is the same VF color, however, yours is the souped-up “studded” version with all the bells and whistles (has a long strap, horizontal exterior pocket, studded front pockets, flap strap on top). Curious how much yours ends up weighing. Busted out the scale for my puny base model and it comes in at just over 2 pounds with the mirror inside.

View attachment 6002879
Right, I'd forgotten that you got the tote, not the crossbody. Mine comes in at a hefty 3.3 lbs. *gulp* The unadjustable, long-ass crossbody strap is really not needed, as the handles are plenty roomy to wear over the shoulder. I'll figure out how to remove the long strap and O rings and hopefully squeeze the weight down to 3.1 lbs. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
🍆F/W 2004 Eggplant City🍆 My first Eggplant arrived and this is hands-down the GOAT of Bal purples. I had heard it was special from so many of you and gasped at photos of other bags posted here. As great as the pics are, they don't do this one justice. Seeing Eggplant in person one can truly appreciate the magical work of art that this bag is. Leather: A+++ Color: A+++ :faint::faint::faint::faint:🦄💜

View attachment 6002765
It's great, that's for sure! I remember that feeling when I got mine and it's dreamy! Congrats on yours!!!!!

View attachment 6002879

You found that HG Bordeaux WE you were after and I’m hoping an Eggplant pops up for you soon too! :hugs:

Here’s the color comparison based on the colors you mentioned + one more. From the Top: ‘04 Eggplant, ‘12 Dark Violet, ‘07 Grape/Violet, ‘11 LE Metallic Neiman Marcus Purple

View attachment 6002882
All these purples make me happy! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

• Love
Reactions: haisley
🍆F/W 2004 Eggplant City🍆 My first Eggplant arrived and this is hands-down the GOAT of Bal purples. I had heard it was special from so many of you and gasped at photos of other bags posted here. As great as the pics are, they don't do this one justice. Seeing Eggplant in person one can truly appreciate the magical work of art that this bag is. Leather: A+++ Color: A+++ :faint::faint::faint::faint:🦄💜

View attachment 6002765

LOOK AT THAT PURPLE 🍆 GODDESS! MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS ONE DESERVES THE:

Water Bottle Reaction GIF

💗:girlsigh::drool::tup:

• Haha
Congrats! She’s a beauty!
Thank you, Muchy! :hugs:

Not just the GOAT of Bal purples. The GOAT of all bags ever created. IMNSHO ;)

Congratulations on this fantastic score. :heart: It’s encouraging that these can still pop up in great shape.
LOL! This is a fair and accurate statement. All hail the GOAT. 🐐

Drooling over here.
We need to find you one too! 🍆

It's great, that's for sure! I remember that feeling when I got mine and it's dreamy! Congrats on yours!!!!!
I recall when you scored your minty Eggplant First and now I know how you must of felt. It’s almost like you didn’t know your life was missing this until you have one and that void is filled. :loveeyes:

All these purples make me happy! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:
Thanks, Jen! My work here is done. 💜

LOOK AT THAT PURPLE 🍆 GODDESS! MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS ONE DESERVES THE:

Water Bottle Reaction GIF

💗:girlsigh::drool::tup:
Appreciate it, Yuzu! Having an Eggplant to call your own you know all too well. This color should come with a some kind of health warning.

View attachment 6002879

View attachment 6002882
This is so beautiful….yes bordeaux and rouille WEs were such elusive dreams, and now eggplant, seriously the best purple of all…new quest ❤️ thanks so much for this comparison pic, it must truly be a problem to choose which one to take out .. eggplant it seriously by far the most stunning

• Love
Sooooo, I tried Day in my favorite color bordeaux, didn't work, I would not buy Sahara in any of the styles I love (Work etc), but when I saw this Day in sahara there was something about it that I just think I will LOVE more than other bags for this summer, there is something “me” about it … will report when she gets here

IMG_6846.png

Reactions: cate22