Maximum you would pay for a pre loved bag

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
Just interested in what the max you would pay % wise off the RRP for a bag that was described as ' New With Tags' ? I am interested in one at the moment that is still a current bag but I think the price is too high.

(Hope it makes sense - I'm in a hurry to get to work.
If you would like to know the actual bag I'm reffereing to then let me know and I will PM you.) :biggrin:

It depends on the bag, but so far the most I've paid for a pre-loved bag is £400. That was my oak Darwin Bays, so I guess the percentage off the original RRP was a little more than 30%.

I tend to think i would pay 50% of the RRP for a used bag (igc) and I would pay up to 70% of the asking price for a new with tags, but that would depend on the overall cost of the bag.....I think we tend to pay over the odds on Evilbay for a bag from a reputable seller....eg i paid 295 for a used bag that retails currently at 425 - pretty daft in hindsight when others are selling it cheaper....

The other thing is that I have a personal threshhold at the moment of 300 and anything over that i just cannot bring my slef to pay (altho have paid more for brand new from HOF and JulesB etc....)

is this yr Roxy search? So difficult to be sensible isn't it...:sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

If it had a set of really convincing receipts, all the tags, the dustbag, was in perfect condition, was unusual and came from a very believable seller, I might go up to 50-60% of RRP if I really wanted it and it wasn't likely to appear for less at an outlet or in the next sale. For most bags, I am not willing to go above £300 and ideally not above £250.