Maxi Dresses for Petite Ladies?

xlovely

♥ loves Louboutins ♥
O.G.
Aug 14, 2010
Hello!

I love the casual yet put together look of a maxi dress, but I feel like I can't wear them because I'm too short! I'm 5'2 and about 100lbs, and I've tried some solid colored ones before and I felt so short and stumpy (any dress/bottoms I buy always visits the tailor first). But when I see other girls wear them they look so good.. :shrugs::Push:

What are your thoughts about maxi dresses and petite girls? Are you petite and wear maxi dresses? Do you have any suggestions that you've tried before? I really like floaty floral printed ones :yes: I live in chic college town in CA so I see girls wear them year round.

Please feel free to post pics! I love the look of beautiful maxi dresses. TIA :heart: :flowers:

I love Maxi dresses and I'm 5'3 (maybe 5.375 on a good day). I will usually wear them with stacked heels or platforms. Depending on how long it is, alteration is also an option. I don't think you'll look stumpy. Nicole Richie is petite and she is always seen wearing maxis. I think you'll rock it :smile:

I was also going to mention Nichole Richie. She pulls them off.

I think it is important to have a maxi dress that is more fitted at the bodice, so you don't look like you are swimming in the dress. Also, keep prints small and accessories simple.

There is already a thread on here. I forget the exact name. Something like can petite girls wear maxis? There were some great suggestions in there for good maxis for short people. Just do a search.

I'm 5'2, and I have one from Topshop! Its a yellow and grey print, with a fitted chest (kind of an empire waist). They make their maxi dresses in petite sizes, the website has a couple of them up. The one I have is just about floor length for me, so I can wear flats and sandals with it, and its not dragging all over the place, and I don't have to get it hemmed.

I was also going to mention Nichole Richie. She pulls them off.

I think it is important to have a maxi dress that is more fitted at the bodice, so you don't look like you are swimming in the dress. Also, keep prints small and accessories simple.

That's excellent advice come to think of it, I'll definitely keep that in mind when hunting for maxis! Thanks sonya!

There is already a thread on here. I forget the exact name. Something like can petite girls wear maxis? There were some great suggestions in there for good maxis for short people. Just do a search.

I tried searching for a thread like this before I started this one because I thought it should have existed but could not find any :sad:
Mods if you want to you can merge!

I'm 5'2, and I have one from Topshop! Its a yellow and grey print, with a fitted chest (kind of an empire waist). They make their maxi dresses in petite sizes, the website has a couple of them up. The one I have is just about floor length for me, so I can wear flats and sandals with it, and its not dragging all over the place, and I don't have to get it hemmed.

Ooh I'll have to check Topshop out. I'd love to see a pic of your dress! I just ordered a floral print on from ASOS, the price was unbelievable and it's really pretty. I figured if it doesn't work out it's not a big loss and it'll still be pretty to look at if I hang it on my closet door!
Here it is: http://us.asos.com/ASOS-ASOS-Painte...inted&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Print

This is mine!
topshop-geo-graphic-maxi-dress-35.jpg