Max Mara Teddy COAT - IS IT STILL A THING?

I get tempted to buy a Teddy coat every winter season..but something stops me..and I end up buying another Madame coat instead...

I was curious too what the difference between Teddy and Tedgirl coat was and I figured out that they have a different COMPOSITION.
- Teddy coat is made of 44% alpaca wool, 44% wool, 12% silk,
- Tedgirl coat is made of 62% alpaca wool, 26% wool, 12% silk
- Teddy Icon Camel coat (original, camel colour) is made of 88% camel hair, 12% silk

I have also noticed that on the Max Mara website they are ALL called "Teddy Bear Icon Coat" (regardless the composition..) :heart:

My 2 cents. I too was on the fence about adding a teddy. I live in NYC so I did pull the trigger last year on the classic camel color (Icon camel). I also had Max Mara alter it bulk wise as I'm petite and it made a world of difference. It is the warmest, coziest thing I own and love wearing it. It is oversized and cozy but has an elegant or street chic vibe, depending on your mood. I would say, if you live somewhere that does get truly cold, it's a great investment. Also, I was in Italy 3 months ago and went to Max Mara in Florence. I was considering adding the grey teddy given the prices are better. As you can see from the post above by @Glam_Mum♡ some of the other coats have different fabrications. I found out that only the camel color coats are made from camel hair in the case of the teddy. I will say the original camel fabrication is my preference so much so it deterred me from buying the grey version. I did not like the feel as much although beautiful. Hope this helps :smile:

My 2 cents. I too was on the fence about adding a teddy. I live in NYC so I did pull the trigger last year on the classic camel color (Icon camel). I also had Max Mara alter it bulk wise as I'm petite and it made a world of difference. It is the warmest, coziest thing I own and love wearing it. It is oversized and cozy but has an elegant or street chic vibe, depending on your mood. I would say, if you live somewhere that does get truly cold, it's a great investment. Also, I was in Italy 3 months ago and went to Max Mara in Florence. I was considering adding the grey teddy given the prices are better. As you can see from the post above by @Glam_Mum♡ some of the other coats have different fabrications. I found out that only the camel color coats are made from camel hair in the case of the teddy. I will say the original camel fabrication is my preference so much so it deterred me from buying the grey version. I did not like the feel as much although beautiful. Hope this helps :smile:
Thank you! I am in Toronto so it’s certainly cold. I’m gonna watch prices and maybe look at it in a store. I don’t even know if I can pull it off.

Ssense had some of the neutral colors discounted before (not camel icon). Just a quick search does pull some neutrals but you need to check that sites are legit on some of them. Baltini has a black one on sale currenlty-I do not have experience with that site. Also, if you know your size and have a friend overseas that can mail it to you it's usually cheaper. Selfridges has the colors (neutral) and ship to the US. These are much less than the iconic currently: https://www.selfridges.com/US/en/ca...bwKLn4IaAutUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#colour=SAND

Hi! Where did you go to have it altered? I have a teddy and would love to have it altered by max Mara. Also do you remember the charge ?

Does anyone know which blend is the lightest / most drapey looking between the Camel Hair and Wool Icon, Alpaca and Cashmere, Alpaca and Wool…and are there more?!