Matte Gold Reissue Turnlock - Photo included, reassurance please!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Chanel experts!!

I need your opinion please. Hubby & I bought this for my birthday :smile: It's my first reissue - black distressed leather with gold hardware. It's brand new with tag purchased from Nordstrom & not yet used. In fact, I watched as the SA opened the box in front of me :smile:

Here's my question, is it normal for the turn lock to scratch off the matte gold? If you see in the photo, there's a slight horizontal line. That line is now shiny gold. Does this happen to all bags with matte GHW?. The SA said this is bound to happen & we purchased it exactly like you see here (meaning I didn't make the scratch.) See where there's a horizontal line?

Thank you for your help & opinion!!

Attached Files:

2. That happened to my reissue matt ghw exactly! Shortly after I used it. At first, I was kindof bummed, but after a while I find that it doesn't bother me anymore. This is unavoidable, especially when we open the turn lock and I guess the friction caused it. Moroever I think it adds more character to the vintage looking hardware.

3. Same for me! It was already this way when I bought it since I got the display ex (I wanted a 226 but they only had a 225 so I got it. There's no Chanel boutique in my country, and I just couldn't leave Cannes without my first Chanel bag ;) I love it :heart:)

I've attached a picture of what mine looks like, and have looked like all along (since buying it in June; have used it about every other day since).

It doesn't bother me at all. It would kind of defy the laws of physics if nothing happened! And better a scratch than a sloppy turnlock :smile: Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

4. When I bought mine I noticed the same thing, initially I was kind of cross with myself for not being gentle enough, but hey, it's still a gorgeous bag! I still go gaga whenever I see pictures of the reissue on the forum :smile: Enjoy your bag, it is more hardy that it looks!!

5. Thanks for posting about this. I am in the midst about deciding whether to buy a reissue and many of the ones I've seen recently have this scratch and it has bothered me that it looks worn. I know that that's the point of the reissue but I can't help but feel bothered by it.

Is this common will all reissues or just the recent ones?

6. Thank you all for your comments! I feel better knowing that this is bound to happen with the turnlock. But, it does bother me a bit that I bought it this way. I should've been the first to make the scratch, ya know?