Masters LV x Koons 2017 Collaboration

Another article this morning:

New Louis Vuitton bags are literal works of art
LVkoons_0423-780x520.jpg

Jeff Koons, an artist known for elevating children’s toys and vacuum cleaners to the stature of the Greek gods, has collaborated with Louis Vuitton on a new line of handbags and accessories.

Although Koons has flirted with fashion before, working on one-off collections for Stella McCartney and H&M, this is the first time he has created an original design for a brand, as opposed to simply putting a reproduction of his work onto a product or remaking a sculpture as a necklace.

Inspired by Koons’ “Gazing Ball” series of paintings from 2015, which featured exacting reproductions of various masterworks, the collection comprises five of the most famous paintings in history, including the “Mona Lisa,” Van Gogh’s “Wheat Field With Cypresses” and Rubens’ “The Tiger Hunt,” all of which have been reproduced in high-definition detail on some of Vuitton’s most classic leather bags.

Gold or silver letters spell out the artist’s name on the outside, and the leather loop around the handle has been recut to resemble the Koons balloon bunny.

The collection will be available at the Louis Vuitton boutique at the downtown Seattle Nordstrom on April 28. It will not be available online. Prices range from $585 for a key chain to $4,000 for the large carryall, with most pieces priced between $1,000 and $3,000.

@littlehanoi: You have pre ordered the Da Vinci Speedy, right? I also live in Sweden and I talked to my SA yesterday but really want to see how the bags looks IRL (or well, real pictures are okey as well!). I am most into Rubens and especially the Neverfull or Keep All. Most likely the Neverfull since I think I will get most use out of it.

@littlehanoi: You have pre ordered the Da Vinci Speedy, right? I also live in Sweden and I talked to my SA yesterday but really want to see how the bags looks IRL (or well, real pictures are okey as well!). I am most into Rubens and especially the Neverfull or Keep All. Most likely the Neverfull since I think I will get most use out of it.

Yes, I can do a reveal when the bag arrives. There will be a lot of pictures I promise:smile:. I also like NF Rubens but I prefer Speedy, the NF does not sit well on my shoulder. But Rubens NF is soooo beautiful. They said I can return or exchange the bag if I don't like it.

I have to admit that I had my doubts when I saw the ads for this collection but reserving judgement until I see it in person. A lot of times things are different when they are up close. I do love the blue interior of one of the styles though!

Reactions: Kmora
I talked to my SA today, she said that the collection is super-hot, she confirmed the 100% deposit policy and also told me that now they only can promise delivery for August the soonest. What? :shocked:

Reactions: Born4thjuly
(I'm UK based) Just spoke to LV regarding one of my other orders (neonoe) when I queried my Van Gogh clutch - apparently it's being packed in the warehouse now and should be dispatched tomorrow . So it looks like first orders are getting ready to be shipped people!

I just called the store, they don't know when they receive all items.

Sure, we know that for quite some time, but with the exception of a few popup stores, there will be no free stock in any stores, they pre-sold all production capacity until late-summer. So if I would have wanted to preorder a piece from her, she could only get me one 4 months from now. That is what I meant.

Oh ok. Well here in Canada my store is getting shipment tomorrow. Even though some are already reserved, there will be a few pieces available. I guess it's different.