Massaccesi Handbags

And the journey to discover your preferences is so much fun. With your good sense and your plan I dare say you will not make as many mistakes as I did. Welcome to TPF. We all understand and support your decisions and enjoy sharing your journey. Hugs
I agree, personal style is such a fun process and mistakes are part of it. How else are we gonna learn? Tha
@BagsAndCarbs Just ah-hem, to let you know, I think someone (not me) is selling a Calista (but full size) on the BST in caramel merinos :smile:. .

I think I would get a Little Athena. I've been eyeing that style for awhile but haven't gone for it because until my youngest gets a little older, it's slightly smaller than what I need.

And, I think I've posted this before, but here's a picture of my Diva Midi in pink straw:
View attachment 4996239
i saw that calista... luckily I want the midi one! If not I would be in such trouble...
... as I am not that you have shown me your diva. That’s exactly the style that I had in mind but in baby blue straw! Do you remember the price of your diva? Oh boy...

I love a top zip selene or Angelica. Tuscania all the way. Any dark color.
A top zip selene in bordeaux tuscania would be TOP

what is your fantasy sale item?

imagine there was a 25% sale! What would you get?

i think I would get a calista midi in caramel merinos with light blue lining and silver hardware...

I am pretty set on 2 items! A midi Theia in Merinos, and a Modena in Vachetta. I'm not supposed to keep buying, I have no space for more bags, but I can't stop thinking of these 2. Bags are my main indulgence, so I should not deny myself the pleasure, right? :biggrin:

what is your fantasy sale item?

imagine there was a 25% sale! What would you get?

i think I would get a calista midi in caramel merinos with light blue lining and silver hardware...
Aurora Midi in Nappa.
I am not fond of Pompei but realize that Pompei is unbeatable for structured bags like Aurora Midi.
A 25% discount would help me take the chance on an Aurore Midi in a soft leather...

@BagsAndCarbs Just ah-hem, to let you know, I think someone (not me) is selling a Calista (but full size) on the BST in caramel merinos :smile:. .

I think I would get a Little Athena. I've been eyeing that style for awhile but haven't gone for it because until my youngest gets a little older, it's slightly smaller than what I need.

And, I think I've posted this before, but here's a picture of my Diva Midi in pink straw:
View attachment 4996239
I hate myself for not jumping on this straw material. I have never liked straw, but Marco's is so unique and gorgeous. I hope he gets more of it in the future!! That is so pretty.

• Love
Reactions: christinemliu
Aurora Midi in Nappa.
I am not fond of Pompei but realize that Pompei is unbeatable for structured bags like Aurora Midi.
A 25% discount would help me take the chance on an Aurore Midi in a soft leather...
the Aurora Midi is a beautiful bag. I bought Marco's sample bag when he came out with it in Octane Pompei. I think that Nappa would work really well for this style and would somewhat soften the overall look. I have a slight preference for Nappa myself.

Reactions: djfmn and Fancyfree
Renapur or Bick 4 for Tuscania...?

A month or so ago I applied Renapur on one side of my Calista in Midnight Ble Tuscania. Then a couple of weeks ago I applied Bick 4 on the other side.

WOW!!! What a difference :whut:

These 2 products are completely different (Renapur resembles a tub of grease and you apply it with a sponge, Bick 4 resembles body lotion and is applied with a soft cloth).

Bick 4 was instantly absorbed by the leather, even when applied generously. According to the info on the bottle, it does add a layer of protection. 2 weeks later, the Bick 4 side of the bag feels slightly smoother than the untreated interior leather. Apart from the smooth feel, it looks and feels the same as the untreated Tuscania.

Renapur, even when used sparingly, left a greasy coat on the leather. By the next day, the grease was absorbed. However, both the feel and appearance of the leather was changed and has remained so. It definately feels less dry / far better moisturized, but in a slightly disconcerting way it also feels thicker,- the leather feels as if it now consists of 2 layers! And as if the topmost, very thin layer is slightly lifted from the lower layer. The appearance of the leather is also very different,- the pale "crease"-lines, (the main characteristic of Tuscania) are no longer visible, the Renapur leather is uniformly Midnight Blue in colour.

I wonder if Renapur is too heavy / greasy for Tuscania.
I am reminded of when I ruined a lovely pair of leather gloves when I applied a greasy conditioner....

So I prefer Bick 4. (Though I have now noticed that it says on the bottle not to use it on distressed leather!).

And I think Tuscania is supposed to feel dry.

Last edited:

A month or so ago I applied Renapur on one side of my Calista in Midnight Ble Tuscania. Then a couple of weeks ago I applied Bick 4 on the other side.

These 2 products are completely different (Renapur resembles a tub of grease and you apply it with a sponge, Bick 4 resembles body lotion and is applied with a soft cloth).

Bick 4 was instantly absorbed by the leather, even when applied generously. According to the info on the bottle, it does add a layer of protection. 2 weeks later, the Bick 4 side of the bag feels slightly smoother than the untreated interior leather. Apart from the smooth feel, it looks and feels the same as the untreated Tuscania.

Renapur, even when used sparingly, left a greasy coat on the leather. By the next day, the grease was absorbed. However, both the feel and appearance of the leather was changed and has remained so. It definately feels less dry / far better moisturized, but in a slightly disconcerting way it also feels thicker,- the leather feels as if it now consists of 2 layers! And as if the topmost, very thin layer is slightly lifted from the lower layer. The appearance of the leather is also very different,- the pale "crease"-lines, (the main characteristic of Tuscania) are no longer visible, the Renapur leather is uniformly Midnight Blue in colour.

I am reminded of when I ruined a lovely pair of leather gloves when I applied a greasy conditioner....

So I prefer Bick 4. (Though I have now noticed that it says on the bottle not to use it on dirstressed leather!).

Thank you for testing both out! Bick 4 it is for me.

I wonder if the renapur part of the tuscania leather will go back to its original tuscania characteristics after an extended period of time with no more conditioning/moisturizing, after the moisturizer has worn off.

Reactions: LuvNLux
Thank you for testing both out! Bick 4 it is for me.

I wonder if the renapur part of the tuscania leather will go back to its original tuscania characteristics after an extended period of time with no more conditioning/moisturizing, after the moisturizer has worn off.
Yes, that will be very interesting!
Fortunately I don't feel I have ruined the bag, only maybe weakened the structure of the Renapur leather. And nobody else will notice the colour difference, especially as it is a Calista.

I was really impressed with Renapur until I could compare it with Bick 4!
And had I only used Bick 4 I would probably have thought the leather needed a heavier conditioner :P

Yes, that will be very interesting!
Fortunately I don't feel I have ruined the bag, only maybe weakened the structure of the Renapur leather. And nobody else will notice the colour difference, especially as it is a Calista.

I was really impressed with Renapur until I could compare it with Bick 4!
And had I only used Bick 4 I would probably have thought the leather needed a heavier conditioner :P
Thanks for your comparison of the two. I’ve wondered about those two products. I have a question though, doesn’t the Renapur have wax in it? I’ve read that wax is not good for leathers because leathers need to breathe And the wax seals the pores

Thanks for your comparison of the two. I’ve wondered about those two products. I have a question though, doesn’t the Renapur have wax in it? I’ve read that wax is not good for leathers because leathers need to breathe And the wax seals the pores
Maybe it does contain wax! I can't find any list of contents, not even on the Renapur website. Which is not a good sign...

I've always been puzzled as to why and how leather (dead skin!) should breathe... :hrmm:

So I prefer Bick 4. (Though I have now noticed that it says on the bottle not to use it on distressed leather!).

This was not my experience when using the Renapur. The Renapur was completely absorbed within about 20 minutes, and the distressed creases in the leather show up just as they did before, except the slightly powdery dry look is gone. It is supposed to be used very, very sparingly. I’m not sure if that could have caused the greasy, coated feel? But glad the Bick 4 worked so well for you.