Massaccesi Handbags

First, by herself. :biggrin:. She's the cream and pink combo. I forget the actual names of the nappa colors. The papers that usually come taped to the outside of the box were gone. :annoyed:

2nd pic is with midi Juliet in washed lamb

3rd pic is with Zhoe in vachetta

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_165610__01.jpg
    IMG_20190817_165610__01.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20190817_165807__01.jpg
    IMG_20190817_165807__01.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20190817_170201__01.jpg
    IMG_20190817_170201__01.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 142
I got my Aurora in nappa. It’s so pretty, smell amazing, and comes with a key which I didn’t know. But it’s so small. It’s been a while so I guess I don’t remember at this point how small it was in the Kickstarter pictures. My midi Juliet is much bigger to put it in perspective. I am not sure if there have been more reveals here for Auroras. I have been away and haven’t kept up with the thread. Due to its size it’s going to be a date night bag for me.
Can't wait to see this bag.

First, by herself. :biggrin:. She's the cream and pink combo. I forget the actual names of the nappa colors. The papers that usually come taped to the outside of the box were gone. :annoyed:

2nd pic is with midi Juliet in washed lamb

3rd pic is with Zhoe in vachetta
Wow I love this bag. Such a pretty combo. It looks like it is similar in size to the Zhoe. It is such a pretty bag. I also love your washed lamb midi Juliet amazing.

Reactions: anabg
I have a Verona and a Merino bag. Compared to Verona the Merino seems dull in my opinion. I would choose Verona over Merino any time.

It is a true chameleon. Merinos is much softer than Verona. It is silky while Verona is earthy. I sold my Merinos bags. They are lighter, but they collapsed too much for me. My Selene was a puddle of pretty leather. But it started driving me batty. Verona is soft, but holds its shape better.

Good to know. I’m debating what leather to choose for a Selene.

Also, I can’t stop smelling my bag!

Your new bag is gorgeous. I love the color and the style is one of my favorites. How strange to get someone else's beauty products and kind of you to mail them on. I remember an order that was lost by USPS being sold on eBay. The person selling them indicated that they bought them in a USPS auction. I cannot understand how the postal service can do that especially when the name of the company is on the bag and the person name who is getting it. How difficult would it be to contact MM. The other problem is I know how well packed and labeled the boxes are from MM. It takes me a long time to remove all the paperwork on the box and even longer to remove all the tape etc and get into the box. How they lose this I have no idea. Along with the paperwork for customs with the sender and receivers info and details there is a second label in large lettering with my name and address and who sent it. It boggles my mind that there are still lost packages by USPS.

Having said that I am pleased you got your bag it is gorgeous. Enjoy.

Yes, mind boggling! Juliet arrived inside a dust bag with the other woman’s things loosely package. No sign of the white MM box or any paperwork whatsoever. Customs must have destroyed the white box for some reason.

I’m very happy with my bag, though. And I just think it is the right thing to do to send on the woman’s order. I’d hate to be in her position so I would imagine that she will be happy to receive it.

Reactions: djfmn and carterazo
Good to know. I’m debating what leather to choose for a Selene.

Also, I can’t stop smelling my bag!
Lol I did the same thing to the point of being embarrassed.

Several years ago I emailed MM and asked him why his bags smelled so wonderful. He sent back a very long email explaining that the big handbag companies constantly have to cut costs to make more profit. First, they outsourced the labor to cheap markets overseas years ago. But this is not the end solution. They have to find other ways so they started using cheaper leathers. Leathers made faster and not using the old ways. He knows this because he worked for several of them. He uses old world techniques handed down from his grandfather and father using the finest leather he can source. Handmade. using. When you consider this and look at the prices of his bags, you can truly appreciate what you are getting.

Thank you. There is a problem with using vacchetta on my bag. The leather is thick, so when they turned it to make the zipper part it is a tight fit, a very tight fit. I have pulled both tabs loose; they come apart because I have to pull so hard. I have tried massaging the leather, but it is thick and is not going anywhere. My issue may be a one time thing and others' bags in vacchetta may work fine. Perhaps the full sized Juliet would make a difference. So I leave the bag unzipped all the time. This is not unusual for me because I don't zip them most of time. So this is not bothering me that much. But I want to share the issue. These pictures will show you want I mean. You can see where the leather is being rubbed when the zipper is used.
View attachment 4518368 View attachment 4518369

I wonder if the leather along the zipper could be trimmed back closer to the stitching and then painted with edge paint.

I wonder if the leather along the zipper could be trimmed back closer to the stitching and then painted with edge paint.
I suppose. I have been looking it more closely. It looks like on one side of the zipper the stitching is too close to the edge. I am watching TV and massaging the heck out of the leather to see if I can soften it. It seems to be helping.

I've been reading through all the Massacessi threads over the last few days, and I have so many bags I wish to buy! This made me sign up for a TPF account as I would like to seek some advice :P
I've narrowed my choices down to a Athena (cherry red) and Aura (sunflower). Would anyone know which hardware colour would go well with these?

Reactions: djfmn