Massaccesi Aphrodite

I think you should go with the one that is calling to you. :smile:. It does look beautiful online and I'm sure it will look even more gorgeous in person! I would be very interested in hearing your comments on the colour.

I agree that plum is more vibrant and fun color but purple with gray is more versatile.
Maybe as you say single color plum could be too much but black handles ground the plum color. Maybe I should stick with that. Initially I was set on purple with gray but after seeing this plum I just can't get it out of my head.I guess we can't choose who we love:lol:

If plum speaks to you then go with plum. It is such a fun and vibrant color. Now that I have purple I would seriously consider the plum myself.

If you want to go all plum that would be a fun bag. The only thing the black will do is ground it a little and perhaps give it some versatility.

I am loving all this Massaccesi handbag talk it is like the good old days. Everyone in the old group is coming back to chat on tpf. I am loving being back and so excited about a new line of handbags from Massaccesi especially knowing about his quality of work from previous experience.

Plum looks absolutely amazing but I would probably need to see it as a swatch before committing to it. I think it would work with the colour palette I wear (blue, grey bit of black) but I wouldn't want it to be too bright. Then again, that brightness may be what is attracting you.

I have to say I liked the Aphrodite style when I saw it but opted for the Minerva first. I like the Divina but I think an Aphrodite may just find itself into my collection - I'm loving the taupe and black standard on the site and Di's grey is just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the all purple one!

You're right, Di. I, too, have really missed the camaraderie we enjoyed so much a while back. But it looks like it's come back to stay now! It's so fun to have found our pocketbook pals again! I'm looking forward to having more and more great times!
:party::party:

If plum speaks to you then go with plum. It is such a fun and vibrant color. Now that I have purple I would seriously consider the plum myself.

If you want to go all plum that would be a fun bag. The only thing the black will do is ground it a little and perhaps give it some versatility.

I am loving all this Massaccesi handbag talk it is like the good old days. Everyone in the old group is coming back to chat on tpf. I am loving being back and so excited about a new line of handbags from Massaccesi especially knowing about his quality of work from previous experience.

I think you should go with the one that is calling to you. :smile:. It does look beautiful online and I'm sure it will look even more gorgeous in person! I would be very interested in hearing your comments on the colour.

Moonstarr, djfmn, do we have any tracking on your beautiful incoming Aphrodites???? :yahoo: So excited to see both these gorgeous Bespokes!

You're right, Di. I, too, have really missed the camaraderie we enjoyed so much a while back. But it looks like it's come back to stay now! It's so fun to have found our pocketbook pals again! I'm looking forward to having more and more great times!
:party::party:

I agree, Moonfanciful and djfmn...........all these gorgeous designs and leathers..........all you cutie patooties............it's the best medicine!

Moonstarr, djfmn, do we have any tracking on your beautiful incoming Aphrodites???? :yahoo: So excited to see both these gorgeous Bespokes!

I have been not so patiently waiting! :biggrin: I'm hoping I might get a shipping notice this week. I think djfmn received her already? I had ordered my Dark Teal Aphrodite shortly after, so hopefully soon!

For those who have this bag....can you wear it on your shoulder? With a coat?

Totally working on figuring out which Massaccesi will be #2 and this is an item I want to know...if it is a comfy shoulder bag or not.

Totally working on figuring out which Massaccesi will be #2 and this is an item I want to know...if it is a comfy shoulder bag or not.
Yes I can wear the Aphrodite with a coat using the handles on my shoulder. It works perfectly.

Congrats to both of you! My purple/grey Aphrodite is on its way to me as of this morning. Can't wait to see it in person. If I like it, I'm already dreaming of what I want next. :smile: Looking forward to seeing everyone's bags!

Moonstarr my daughter is going to be your twin Massaccesi handbag buddy. I am giving her a purple/grey Aphrodite. I have to ask them to shorten the messenger strap she is only 5 feet tall so it will hang around her knees.

I am giving it to her for her birthday. She is super excited to get a Massaccesi bag.

Moonstarr my daughter is going to be your twin Massaccesi handbag buddy. I am giving her a purple/grey Aphrodite. I have to ask them to shorten the messenger strap she is only 5 feet tall so it will hang around her knees.

I am giving it to her for her birthday. She is super excited to get a Massaccesi bag.

What a great gift! She's going to love it! Seriously, the grey and purple look SOOO good together. :love:

I had my straps shortened to about 5.5-6" since I like to hand carry, so I definitely couldn't wear it on my shoulder. Whenever I wear anything on my shoulder it always slides down ... soooo annoying!

I had my straps shortened to about 5.5-6" since I like to hand carry, so I definitely couldn't wear it on my shoulder. Whenever I wear anything on my shoulder it always slides down ... soooo annoying!

What about the messenger strap did you have that changed at all? Do you use the messenger strap. I know my daughter will use that so I have to do something to shorten it significantly. That is why I am going to get them to remove 2 links on either side and then also shorten the shoulder strap on the long messenger strap.

What about the messenger strap did you have that changed at all? Do you use the messenger strap. I know my daughter will use that so I have to do something to shorten it significantly. That is why I am going to get them to remove 2 links on either side and then also shorten the shoulder strap on the long messenger strap.

I didn't have them change the messenger strap ... on me it seems to fit okay. I think having them remove a few links and add some holes would work. You could measure out how long you guess it might need to be and give them the exact measurements and then you'll know for sure.

I have been not so patiently waiting! :biggrin: I'm hoping I might get a shipping notice this week. I think djfmn received her already? I had ordered my Dark Teal Aphrodite shortly after, so hopefully soon!

Oh dear, I know Moonstarr, we are going to have to be patient! The more orders, the longer it will take. I know on the website it reads the average time will be 5 to 15 days before they can ship an order, and I imagine it is getting closer to the 15 the more popular the handbags are getting. It is worth the wait to me! I am so in love. We can be patient for such beauty! Maybe send an email to check status Moonstarr if it has been longer. Wishing you info soon!