Marked "Delivered" But Was Not

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
I am having THE worst luck with week with USPS. My regular mailman who is extremely good is out for surgery and his replacement is the worst postal person I've seen in my life. Earlier this week I had two packages come in. One required a signature and the mail person did not even bother to come knock on my door. Instead he scanned it as "notice left" and didn't even leave a notice. I had to call the local branch the next day to tell them I was home all day, expecting this package and the guy didn't even come up to my door. They quickly remedied the issue and sent someone out to redeliver my packages (my regular mail was delivered earlier that day). The one that required a signature, he just dropped that in front of my door while I was home. He didn't even bother to knock. But wait, wasn't a signature required? I checked online and of course this guy forged my signature and updated it on the tracking.

On Wednesday, I had 2 packages that was scanned "out for delivery" but was never delivered. When I called to ask, they quickly changed the tracking update to "delivery not updated". Those packages were delivered the following day. Today I had 4 packages come in. 3 made it and 1, although was marked "delivered" was not. What can I do in this case?

I am so frustrated. I called this morning to speak to a supervisor but he wasn't available and I was told to leave my name and number. Of course, he never returned the call. I am going to go in in-person tomorrow and complain with consumer affairs. Something needs to change.

Advices are welcomed. TIA!

So sorry for those frustrations, much worse than mine this week. I had two packages that I purchased labels for and put in my mailbox as usual for pickup.

Mail lady comes and stuffs mail in my mailbox....when I went out a few minutes later to get my mail imagine my surprise when I saw that my packages were still there....sigh. I had to make a special trip to the P.O. because those packages had to get out that day.

Guess she couldn't be bothered? I do hope you get some resolution to your problems, wish I had some good advice for you.

I have the best postal carrier. If I have a package, signature or not, he brings it, along with all of my regular mail to the door and rings the bell. If it is a large box, he will place it in on my floor for me. Oh, and he carries treats for my dog. lol

I can't catch a break!

My parents just texted me to see if I received their box of goodies for lunar new year. They send me the tracking number and of course it says it was delivered today and it's nowhere to be seen. WTFF is going on?

OMG! I'm so sorry. I'm fortunate to have a great mailman too.

While I understand vacations and substitute carriers, there should be oversight by management. Stay on top of them!