Marfa V de Weimar Beige(s)?

TommyR

Feb 21, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I need your help about the colors please. we can find some new items in a very chic color called "Beige de Weimar". suddenly , Hermes shows new color, "Beige Marfa" . Anyone knows more about those 2 colors ? I can only check some photos and they seems to be totally the same. so I thought H has only changed the name of this color.
Thank you for your help,

T

Reactions: iseebearbears
Hi Everyone,
I need your help about the colors please. we can find some new items in a very chic color called "Beige de Weimar". suddenly , Hermes shows new color, "Beige Marfa" . Anyone knows more about those 2 colors ? I can only check some photos and they seems to be totally the same. so I thought H has only changed the name of this color.
Thank you for your help,

T
They are different colors but similar. Hermes has a tendency to release similar colors season after season with only one hue or tint slight modification. In this case, beige de Weimar is a couple of years old where as beige Marfa is new/ current. Side by side you will see a slight difference.

Reactions: DR2014
Acrowcounted ! Thank you so much for your help ! I will try , if it is possible, to get one next to another one. if I find it anywhere, I will post some photos for the others.
Best Regards,

T

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your help,

T
Hi there.:flowers: I’m just copying and pasting from my personal notes, but hopefully this info helps to clear things up!

Some differences:

Colour-
Beige de Weimar is much darker and browner, while Beige Marfa is much lighter with notable green undertones. Both colours have tonal stitching— you can expect to see brown stitching on Beige de Weimar, while the stitching on Beige Marfa is more of a sand colour (think of the dusty, eponymous city of Marfa in Texas).

Availability-
Beige de Weimar has been available in far more leather options, including the following: Clémence, Swift (for some SLGs), Evercolor, Veau Jonathan, and Taurillon Maurice. On the other hand, I have only seen Beige Marfa in Clémence, Swift, and Togo.

Production years-
As you mentioned, Beige Marfa is a newer (AW23) colour. In contrast, Beige de Weimar is a colour from 2019. Do not expect to see any Beige Marfa dated for 2022 or before.

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your help,

T
Weimar and Marfa are not identical, but yes very much in the same family. I find Weimar warmer and it is a bit more of a clean beige. Weimar is interesting in that it sits between the warm and cool beiges. To my eyes it has a touch of grey.
Marfa has distinct green undertones. Side by side you could really see the difference, perhaps someone here owns both.

I will admit, not a fan of either :giggle:

Reactions: iseebearbears