Marcie Strap Issue

What a result. I think you doc the right thing to push for refund. It sounds like the fault made you lose faith in the style and I would be the same. Good luck finding your new bag.

I felt very uncomfortable pushing for the refund but ultimately I knew I had to stand up for my rights with this. I wasn't happy to accept a repair on an expensive bag that I had had for such a short time. If it was older, sure no problem, I get that things happen and I'm sure the repair would have been ok, but it was the principle and issues surrounding the whole way it was handled that really pushed me to the edge.
You're right, unfortunately it has put me off the style a bit. I used to have a Marcie hobo but sold it, and now regret it, so maybe I should go back to the hobo style. I'll think on it for a bit.

Thanks gems, so disappointing, and yes you are right, it all started with the wrong tag! Bit of a drama from start to finish really. I haven't actually been in store yet to see what else they have, we are so far behind with stock, well it seems that way anyway, and I don't know why but I feel a bit strange about going in there at this point and it's the only Chloe stockist where I live. Maybe I should take a trip to Sydney, hmm.

Maybe you can try online shops like Farfetch that don't charge duties and have free return policy?

...So... I am Marcie-less again, sad! But know it's the right thing in this case, I was really put off by the whole experience unfortunately.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are Marcie-less. I am even more sorry to hear what a crappy experience you went through with customer service. Don't fret, someday you will find your perfect Marcie. If you are interested in the hobo, I would try to find one sooner than later. I heard that the style is being discontinued. Of course this is just rumor as to why the hobos were recently on sale at Nordstrom's anniversary sale.

Sorry meant to quote missmoz here:

Yeah I heard that rumour too, re discontinuing hobos possibly. I've been keeping an eye out online, I love the research bit! I'm sure marcie will soon return, I just love the style too much