marc jacobs english paper..

xxheartbreak

sweet catastrophe
May 6, 2006
[SIZE=-1]hellllooo.
i am doing a research paper for school on marc jacobs
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]and i need some questions answered~

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]i'm sorry if this doesn't belong here.. please move it or close it if it's not allowed.. (:

1. How old are you?
2. How long have you liked Marc Jacobs?
3. Do you like the Marc Jacobs line or the Marc by Marc line better? Why?
4. Why do you like Marc Jacobs?
5. What is your favorite Marc Jacobs or Marc by Marc collection?
6. What are some differences about the Marc Jacobs line and the Marc by Marc Jacobs line? (quality, price.. etc)

thank you very much (:[/SIZE]

1)22
2)18.. since I've known it existed

3) My heart is with the classic MJ collection line (with nickel hardware) but since that's been discontinued I've been exploring MbMJ. Other current MJ lines like quilted.. patchwork I find too trendy and just don't have the same affect on me as the aforementioned.

4) I love the soft leather, the gorgeous bright colors, the suede interior, the chunky oversized quirky hardware. MJ bags are luxury and function in perfect equilibrium. I'd rather fork out the cash for something that's all leather outside and all suede inside than for something ALMOST as much that's just a piece of material. MJ is quirky and different and that's pretty much my style.

5) My favorite MJ line is classic smooth calf leather with nickel h/w. My favorite MbMJ lines are the softy and turnlock line

6)MJ is flawless. I've noticed some uneven stitching on my MbMJ's but you won't find that anywhere on an MJ bag. Also the leather is more durable on MJ's than MbMJ as reflected in the price (MbMJ is a third of the price of MJ)

1. How old are you? 27
2. How long have you liked Marc Jacobs? since 2002, when I first started getting into handbags.
3. Do you like the Marc Jacobs line or the Marc by Marc line better? Why? MJ, because the styles seem more "grown up," IMO. I have been eyeing a few MbMJ recently, though.
4. Why do you like Marc Jacobs? I think MJ takes risks without being "avant-garde," and the styles he creates are fun, not too serious, but still high quality (except for a few hardware issues I've come across. Unacceptable, IMO). I really hope he brings back suede linings in "pop" colors!
5. What is your favorite Marc Jacobs or Marc by Marc collection? Recently, it has been the MJ Originals (Stella, Sofia, etc) from f/w 2002-s/s 2003. I've been collecting them.
6. What are some differences about the Marc Jacobs line and the Marc by Marc Jacobs line? (quality, price.) MbMJ bags are lighter, but I like the colors in the MJ collection better. I think the quality is top-notch for both lines. MbMJ is more casual overall, but with the MJ collection, you can find bags that are both very dressy (with exotic leathers and everything) and also very casual. Price points for both labels are creeping higher, but on places like ebay, some MbMJ styles (like the Turnlock line) are out-selling some MJ styles.

HTH.:smile: