Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag and Color Transfer

Valeriee

O.G.
Jul 6, 2011
I have always liked the look of the Marc by marc Jacobs bags, and when the line was being discontinued a few months ago, I decided to pick up one of the bags. I purchased the "Too hot to handle" satchel in black. Today, I took it out for the first time, and the long strap stained my shirt in several spots. The actual bag touched my shirt and jeans, but it didn't seem to stain, only the long, detachable strap. I will call the company in the next couple of days to inquire what I could do to prevent this in the future, but I was wondering whether anybody here could offer any suggestions? Has anybody had this problem in the past with this line? I ended up getting the stains out of the shirt with stain remover, but I want to prevent this from happening in the future. Perhaps, leather protector/conditioner would help, but on the care tag, it says to avoid using any chemicals on the bag. It also warns that color transfer may occur, but this is usually mentioned as a warning on all designer handbags, and most don't cause this problem.

I have several MBMJ bags in both black and purple and have never had a colour transfer like that. Having said that, I don't often where light clothes, lots of blacks, greys and bright colours, so that could be why?

I also have sprayed all of my bags and they seem fine.

I have several MBMJ bags in both black and purple and have never had a colour transfer like that. Having said that, I don't often where light clothes, lots of blacks, greys and bright colours, so that could be why?

I also have sprayed all of my bags and they seem fine.
Thanks for replying. My shirt was actually a bright color and you could see the black marks very well. They would be visible on any color other than black. I called the company and they told me to email my query to their repair team. It is just the detachable strap that seems to be causing the problem. The bag itself was touching against me but it didn't stain. I told them that I can send it the strap for inspection. We'll see what happens.