manolo question and ped question

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
so i just got my first brand new manolos this weekend. previously i only had pre-owned ones from ebay. i know from the pre-owned ones that i'm a 40. i bought 2 pairs of the same shoes (see the manolo thread) in 2 diff heel heights. i got them yesterday and somehow i got a 40.5 on the shorter heels. i tried them both on this morning and they both felt ok. but should i return the 40.5 for a 40? i have peds i can put in them in case they stretch but i just don't know what to do. they actually felt better than the 40s- which for some reason felt a little tight- but then again they're brand new and leather so they should stretch. wwyd?

also- i got a pair of chanel flats. the SA at BG put a ped in the shoe- i guess to show me what they're like. but i don't need it. so i went to take it out and i think they bottom was sticky and now i'm worried i'm going to take it out and ruin the inside of the shoe.... is there a good way to remove it or just like a bandaid rip it out or bring it in to exchange it?

eek. i have so many questions. thanks!

Manolos can run a tiny bit small I think. I usually wear a 39, and I can do a 39.5 in Manolos as well. I'd keep them both! :biggrin:

hmm as for the stickiness... I'd say try to rip the pad off really slowly? That usually minimizes the stickiness.

^--- Manolo's are pretty consistant in sizing, but no, not unusual to have the same shoe in different sizes, particularly when they are different heel heights -- the way your foot slides forward in each plays a role in determining size. Also, it's not unusual to have different sizes for the same shoe if it's a different color/fabric, as leather reacts to different color dyes differently, and the manufacturer may use different types of leather that stretch differently.

HTH!

hmm - well if you can afford to keep them both - i would b.c they are gorgeous! and timeless - this way when you wear out on pair you have another one! if they both fit fine, but you prefer to return one of them - then i would keep the 40.5 - you're right the leather does stretch - but your feet also expand especially in the summer months. if the shoe is not so big that your foot is slipping out of it - i would keep the bigger pair just b/c bigger shoes are always better than ones that are a bit tight - especially when you start walking a few blocks - that extra .5 is pretty nice :smile:

as for the chanels- if you can - take them back without removing the ped- if you risk pulling it out and ruining the shoe - then you def. can't return it - but if the SA put it in there and you don't need it - just explain that you appreciated it - but you'd rather not use them, but you don't want to ruin the shoes...etc. i don't see why they wouldn't give you a new pair. good luck!

Try them both on again at the end of the day.

I wear different sizes in different Blahnik pumps, but I wouldn't expect different sizes of the same shoe to fit the same based on a small difference in heel height.

If by Peds, you are referring to the foam inserts, they shouldn't be glued in. They have a soft side that sticks to the insole, but if you peel slowly, it should come out.

thank you everyone. great points. i'm going to keep them. i can always put something in the bottom if they stretch. will try that with the chanel ped. thanks!!!