Manolo Blahnik HANGISI owners and lovers, come in!

*Manolo BB quality issue*

Has anyone experienced poor quality with the MB BB or similar BB leather heel? I wore these shoes only twice on a work trip (walking to meetings in a major city). I try to avoid the grates like any normal person but holy sh*% did these get destroyed!! I really can’t recall having this much wear this quickly, even with lower cost brands like Via Spiga.
These are authentic (purchased from Neiman). I already brought them in to be fixed I’m just hoping this is not a very common occurrence. In contrast my Chanel leather boots are like military grade I’ve worn them in cities, snow, sleet and after a quick trip to the cobbler they’re clean and perfect.
You definitely stepped in something that tore the leather. I’ve been buying Manolo‘s shoes since the 80s and have purchased thousands of his shoes, the only nicks I have on heels are when I hit something, cuts like that happen only when you hit something very sharp. Leather Spa in New York can fix that, they’ll make them look brand new. They are the only cobbler I will use, check out the website.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and CEC.LV4eva
You definitely stepped in something that tore the leather. I’ve been buying Manolo‘s shoes since the 80s and have purchased thousands of his shoes, the only nicks I have on heels are when I hit something, cuts like that happen only when you hit something very sharp. Leather Spa in New York can fix that, they’ll make them look brand new. They are the only cobbler I will use, check out the website.
Thank you for responding! It makes me feel better to know that the quality is usually quite good and I prob got unlucky that day! Thanks for the leather spa rec… used to live in Manhattan but don’t anymore sadly :sad: maybe I can ship them up

Thank you for responding! It makes me feel better to know that the quality is usually quite good and I prob got unlucky that day! Thanks for the leather spa rec… used to live in Manhattan but don’t anymore sadly :sad: maybe I can ship them up
I used to live there as well. They have a huge mail in repair section. I’ve been using it for years. Everything is on the website. BTW this is where the Manolo Blahnik boutique on 54th St. sent their shoes for repair, which is how I learned about it. They do flawless repair of torn leather.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
*Manolo BB quality issue*

Has anyone experienced poor quality with the MB BB or similar BB leather heel? I wore these shoes only twice on a work trip (walking to meetings in a major city). I try to avoid the grates like any normal person but holy sh*% did these get destroyed!! I really can’t recall having this much wear this quickly, even with lower cost brands like Via Spiga.
These are authentic (purchased from Neiman). I already brought them in to be fixed I’m just hoping this is not a very common occurrence. In contrast my Chanel leather boots are like military grade I’ve worn them in cities, snow, sleet and after a quick trip to the cobbler they’re clean and perfect.

Agree with @audreylita
Designer shoes are not invincible, these are just regular wear and tear, not a sign of poor quality. Please be careful of where you walk. I always avoid elevators, grates, cobblestones, grass or anywhere that has a soft landing (eg. including ground with small interlocks as the heels can dig in between the stones).

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and Xthgirl
Has anyone successfully stretched the toe box of satin shoes? I’ve got my heart set on Manolo Nadira 70mm for my bridal shoe, I’m a 39.5 in the brand but the toe box is tight. I can’t size up to 40 because then the heel slips. Or do you assume your feet swell considerably with dancing, etc.
Anyone ??! Thank you

You can use insoles to make size 40 fit

There are gel grips you can put in the back section of the shoe to prevent slippage. It can be a tough item to find but it is out there.
I sometimes use a tongue pad on the underside of the top of the shoe which will push my feet back towards the heel

Hi! I just ordered a pair of lurums and I noticed one of the crystals are missing! Is this common? Are they easy to repair? I’m debating returning if it is going to be an issue. Thanks in advance for any advice/experience!

Hi! I just ordered a pair of lurums and I noticed one of the crystals are missing! Is this common? Are they easy to repair? I’m debating returning if it is going to be an issue. Thanks in advance for any advice/experience!
I own many pairs of the Lurum and have never had a problem. The boutique should have seen the stone was missing. MB corporate does have a repair section open to everyone but I would return these for a fresh pair. This is highly unusual.

Reactions: fashion16 and Jnd6
I own many pairs of the Lurum and have never had a problem. The boutique should have seen the stone was missing. MB corporate does have a repair section open to everyone but I would return these for a fresh pair. This is highly unusual.
Thanks for your insight! I will definitely look into an exchange

Thanks for your insight! I will definitely look into an exchange
I've been buying Manolo's shoes for decades and have never lost a stone on any shoe. I have multiple pairs of the hangisi and have never had a problem. This is a really isolated incident, so sorry you have to deal with this.

Reactions: Jnd6
I want to buy a pair of Hangisi 70. I am usually a size 40 or 40.5 but the sales associate told me they run large and to take half a size down. Yes they fit at the bag but it did feel tight at the front. Every review I read said to take a half size up. Any advice? Thank you!

This is a tough one. I took my Normal size and my toes felt fine but my heel kept slipping. I then took one size down and the heel slippage stopped but my toes only on one foot are now squished. I am wearing them around the house to stretch them out. Hope this helps.

For reference, I am a US 7.5. I usually take a 38 in euro size and went with 37.5 in the hangisi

I want to buy a pair of Hangisi 70. I am usually a size 40 or 40.5 but the sales associate told me they run large and to take half a size down. Yes they fit at the bag but it did feel tight at the front. Every review I read said to take a half size up. Any advice? Thank you!
I’m a US 9 and I take a 40 in hangisi. I’m usually a 40 in closed toe European shoes.

I only hangisi’s in every heel height and the flat. Manolo‘s shoes are all handmade and manufactured in different factories, so they all run differently and you honestly need to try each pair of shoes. Because there is no true pattern.

Thank you everyone!

I wanted to try different sizes but the SA only bought me 39.5 as she said it was my correct size because my heel was not slipping out of the shoe ... I did tell her my toes felt tight but she said hangisi 70 in satin would stretch... Reading this thread though it does not seem like it's true.... I am super annoyed I didn't push more :sad:

I am also torn regarding colour: I bought them in royal blue but return them for fear of marks & going well with the rest of my wardrobe, now I don't know whether I should go with the navy or the black. I find the black more stricking than the navy but the navy easier to wear daily.

Ugh